Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2024, 06:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,591,047 times

Advertisements

My serrano plant has a lot of peppers growing and the others have flowers so hope for some pepper harvest this summer with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, garlic and herbs. I want to put in some raised garden beds later to expand and grow more stuff eventually. My rosemary is doing well and love the smell and taste. I do companion planting herbs with vegetables as they help repel bad insects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 06:50 PM

6,979 posts, read 8,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
My serrano plant has a lot of peppers growing and the others have flowers so hope for some pepper harvest this summer with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, garlic and herbs. I want to put in some raised garden beds later to expand and grow more stuff eventually. My rosemary is doing well and love the smell and taste. I do companion planting herbs with vegetables as they help repel bad insects.
I love rosemary maybe next year I'll plants those.

Sacramento weather has been gorgeous all week.

Old 05-15-2024, 12:55 PM

Right on chim,yeah I love the smell of fresh rosemary when you rub it on fingers. I started mine with a tiny sprig and now my container is brim full of tasty rosemary! Looking forward to good amount of peppers and tomatoes and garlic. The cucumber is a challenge it is not growing as well. First time gardener so lot to learn and doing containers is more challenging than in ground garden. I do plan to turn my front lawn eventually into raised garden beds why not grow as much fresh produce as possible organically with rising food prices? It is neat to see pepper flowers turn into peppers.

Old 05-15-2024, 12:58 PM

10 posts, read 1,618 times
Do we think it's better than Bay Area weather?

Old 05-15-2024, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archmagus View Post
Do we think it's better than Bay Area weather?
Bay Area and Sacramento weather are near identical 9-10 months out of the year.

But, A large portion of the Bay Area during the summer is very cool to moderate, down right cold compared to much of the rest of the USA during the summer.

San Francisco is known as the city without a real summer. Average High daytime temps 58F to 65F, Low morning temps 48F to 55F. San Francisco also has a wind chill affect in the summer.

Sacramento is more similar to the rest of the USA during summer. Warm to hot daytime high temperatures,

But, Sacramento is much more similar to the Bay Area during morning, evening, and nighttime in the summer compared to the the rest of the nation. Moderate to very cool temps.

For example, Sacramento can have daytime "feels like" temperatures as hot as many major metros across the nation (average 88F to 92F) , but Sacramento's morning, evening and nighttime temperatures are very Cool (58F to 62F average) during the summer.

Last edited by Chimérique; 05-15-2024 at 01:41 PM..

Old 05-15-2024, 01:39 PM

10 posts, read 1,618 times
Yeah SF proper actually is cold very often.

Old 05-17-2024, 04:25 PM

it warms up a lot more in summer than SF bay area for sure! My cucumbers are doing better so hope to get some sweet lemon cukes as well. I was dumb and forgot to keep track of pepper labels so not sure besides my aji rico and serrano pepper plants which peppers are which but once the peppers grow should help me figure out which one is a jalapeno versus habanero for example.

Old 05-17-2024, 04:37 PM

4,826 posts, read 3,110,310 times
Default do we underestimate and downplay how great Sacramento weather really is?

No.

The summers are too hot.

Old 05-17-2024, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
No.

The summers are too hot.
Sacramento is no hotter than much of the rest of the nation especially accounting for heat index and "feels like temps".

Also, Sacramento is considerably and dramatically COOLER than much of the nation during mornings, evening and night time hours in the summer.

FACT, Sacramento COOLS everyday during the summer 30-40 degrees on average daily, more than 99% of any other metro in the nation. This is a very unique feature about Sacramento that makes it BETTER than so many other places across the nation.

Old 05-22-2024, 10:51 AM

Another beautiful gorgeous day in Sacramento, perfect for the last 2-3 weeks now.

Low temps: mid 50's

High temps: upper 70's, low 80's, perfect humidity levels, dry during warmest time of day, moderate during cool times of the day.

No its not hot, it has NOT been hot all year long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento