Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 10:26 PM

290 posts, read 544,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
hey now.. Hehe...we did have the hip food trucks in Folsom tonight...and Drewski's has a place down by the outlets now

I completely agree with you about the burger joints. As I was driving home from Carmichael tonight, I wanted to stop for a quick bite, but I couldn't think of anything quick & semi-healthy (I was at Jack's last night) and I didnt want a burger, so I just went home.

On a side note, I recently discovered a fantastic Persian place in Folsom, The Saffron Grill, next to Peets. It's sit down, but incredibly delicious.
Yeah there are some good Thai, Indian, Persian restaurants in Folsom. Still they just go nuts over burger joints. I saw the first plans for Palladio and they originally had a P.F. Changs and Roxy restaurant going in. That would have been nice. Instead, being typical of Folsom they put in a Johnny Rockets lol. Yes another burger joint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 10:42 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,838,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
Perhaps if you weren't wrong all the time I wouldn't need to spend so much time correcting you.
Ha ha ha ha ha you should be a comedian.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell82 View Post
Caymus Park in Sacramento | Caymus Park Caymus Dr, Sacramento, CA 95829 | <Business to Business/Entertainment & Recreation/Parks & Playgrounds> - Yahoo! US Local

All you really have to do is look at the map of the city limits of E.G. which I posted earlier, which shows Caymus Park isn't in Elk Grove. I really don't even know why I care lol, I guess just because I know the area more than anyone else posting. I'm probably the only one on this thread that has ever even been to Caymus Park.

Also here is a link of the elementary school mentioned in the sac bee article which is on the same street about a 1/4 mile south of the park. Elk Grove Unified School District - Maeola R. Beitzel I think some people think that because the schools around here are in the E.G. school district that the area is E.G. but if that were the case then Florin and Valley High would be in E.G. as well.
Thank you Maxwell for being the voice of reason...and kindness.

It is quite obvious that you are the only one who knows the area. Your input is much appreciated.

Last edited by caligirlz; 08-15-2013 at 11:39 PM..

Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev View Post
Yeah there are some good Thai, Indian, Persian restaurants in Folsom. Still they just go nuts over burger joints. I saw the first plans for Palladio and they originally had a P.F. Changs and Roxy restaurant going in. That would have been nice. Instead, being typical of Folsom they put in a Johnny Rockets lol. Yes another burger joint.
And a bad one at that.

Still, I wouldn't live in Elk Grove if I had to pick a Sacramento suburb. Its going to go completely ghetto within the next 5-10 years as more Section 8/Oakland people move in... very sad.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
And a bad one at that.

Still, I wouldn't live in Elk Grove if I had to pick a Sacramento suburb. Its going to go completely ghetto within the next 5-10 years as more Section 8/Oakland people move in... very sad.
"Section 8/Oakland" is an awesome new term. Can I use them interchangeably or are there some subtleties? E.g., are all "Section 8" people "Oakland"? All "Oakland" people "Section 8"? Just wanted to be clear.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,209 times
Just gonna leave this here...

The Sacramento Bee : Sacto 911: Two arrested, drugs seized in Folsom police investigation

Old 08-18-2013, 12:03 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,177 times
Quote:
I don't know how this applies to the original post or what the point is. Crime is everywhere. It's just how much and what type. If I read it right, neither of those upstanding people live in Folsom either.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I knew you post that. But if you actually read the article you would see that the 2 people arrested don't even live in Folsom!!

Arrested Wednesday were Edward W. Soellner, 45, of Orangevale, and Francisco DeJesus Diaz-Perez, 23, of San Ysidro.

Hey, guess what? Drugs are in every town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
I don't know how this applies to the original post or what the point is. Crime is everywhere. It's just how much and what type. If I read it right, neither of those upstanding people live in Folsom either.
Exactly

Old 08-18-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev View Post
I think most of the restaurants in the Palladio are chains. How exciting. not.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 PM

409 posts, read 957,043 times
However, the plastered scenes of people dining and drinking covering up the unoccupied store fronts make it seem a bit exciting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento