Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 AM

12 posts, read 39,498 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move from Spain next year. I am British and my wife is Swedish and we have 2 young boys, who will be 8 & 10.

We have researched the Sacramento region and it looks as though Granite Bay will be the type of area that we are used to. Are there any other similar areas that anyone could recommend.

It looks as though the schools etc are excellent in Granite Bay and we shall be checking things out in March 2008.

Are there better areas in or around Sacramanto, that we should be looking at? Areas to avoid etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 11:44 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,069,766 times
Well cant tell you anything exact, cause I dont live there (yet), but theres a thread of Where to steer clear in Sacramento? which might help you so you know where to avoid. Good luck with your move

Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 PM

495 posts, read 1,831,581 times
Oh wow, Spain to Sacramento? I love Spain. Why in the world are you moving here? But seriously, best wishes with your move. I just moved back here and I'll leave the more experienced folks to answer your questions. I just had to write -- I'm amazed that anyone would want to relocate to this area from such a lovely country. I'm not knocking Sacramento, it's nice also but it's not Spain! lol. Take care.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 AM

914 posts, read 2,922,114 times
Default Buena Suerte!

I am also interested in why you want to move to Sac from spain - what part of Spain do you live in? My father is from La Coruna in Galicia. Are you of Spanish descent yourself? Interestingly, there are quite a few Spaniards here, or those whose families emigrated from Spain long ago in the towns near Granite Bay (Rocklin, Roseville, Loomis). They even have a club that celebrates all things Spanish! But perhaps you are one of many of Brits who moved to Spain the past decade or so, looking for a more affordable standard of living and better weather!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:58 PM

433 posts, read 2,357,676 times
Oh I never been to Spain - but I've been to wholesome Folsom. Your wife may like Folsom better than Granite Bay. Our old town is nice - not quite like Gamla Stan though.

Good luck on your move. You will probably like it here.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,432 times
Default I grew up in GB. It is lovely!

I grew up in Granite Bay and loved it. Lots of outdoors sports.... water skiing, swimming, mountain biking, riding....you name it! Not to mention Tahoe is just an hour and a half away. I've been living in Europe for the past 10 years but given the opportunity would move back to GB in a minute. Most of my friends went to the public schools there as the education provided was just as good as private schools. I graduated from the school system over 15 years ago though so it may have changed but I doubt it. Too much parental involvement and support for the standards to slip. If you have any questions, I know the area very well and would be happy to help. Best of luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento