Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 10:05 AM

165 posts, read 150,445 times

Advertisements

I created a thread on this forum earlier, asking for some opinions about Sacramento, having been raised in SoCal and living in L.A. for the past 20 years. I work in public education and recently noticed a job offer on an education job site for Twin Rivers, CA. Based on my research of the area, I don't think Twin Rivers is part of Sacramento County, but in Stanislaus County. Yet the job offer states that Twin Rivers is part of Sacto and the web shows that Twin Rivers is served by Sacto PD. ...With all that in mind, can anyone clarify for me? I see via Google maps that Twin Rivers is south of Sacto, closer to SF, but I'd like to hear from some locals and get their opinions of the location and some opinions of Twin Rivers in general, if anyone has any.

I just visited downtown Sacto earlier this week for an educator conference, so it was my first time in the city and I liked what I saw, and was happier with the cooler weather. However, most of the educators and coordinaters I spoke to said there aren't any current jobs available in Sacto City Unified or other nearby school districts, but there will be open positions in the next year or two. That was disappointing, which is why I'm keen to jump on this job offer from Twin Rivers school district, unless what I learn from members of this forum points me away from the Twin Rivers direction.

So, what say you, forum? I look forward to your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM

1,231 posts, read 1,664,323 times
The Twin Rivers Unified School District covers northeastern Sacramento and parts of northern Sacramento County. Here's a map of the Twin Rivers district boundaries:

http://www.twinriversusd.org/about-u...strict_map.pdf

The Sacramento region is served by several school districts such as Sacramento City, Elk Grove, San Juan, Natomas, Folsom-Cordova and Twin Rivers. There is no town or community called Twin Rivers in Sacramento County; just the school district.

In addition, the communities and neighborhoods that lie within the Twin Rivers district boundaries tend to be more socio-economically challenged (lower-income, working class) with a few middle-income pockets.

Last edited by sacreole; 03-10-2017 at 12:08 PM..

Old 03-10-2017, 12:53 PM

165 posts, read 150,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacreole View Post
The Twin Rivers Unified School District covers northeastern Sacramento and parts of northern Sacramento County. Here's a map of the Twin Rivers district boundaries:

http://www.twinriversusd.org/about-u...strict_map.pdf

The Sacramento region is served by several school districts such as Sacramento City, Elk Grove, San Juan, Natomas, Folsom-Cordova and Twin Rivers. There is no town or community called Twin Rivers in Sacramento County; just the school district.

In addition, the communities and neighborhoods that lie within the Twin Rivers district boundaries tend to be more socio-economically challenged (lower-income, working class) with a few middle-income pockets.

Thanks for clarifying this. I didn't realize Twin Rivers was just a school district and not an actual town, but that explains why I couldn't find more info online.

I currently work for the second largest public school district in the country, so I'm very used to socio-economically challenged neighborhoods and working with at-risk students. I live in a lower socio-economic neighborhood myself because I can't afford higher rents in 'nicer' areas.

Thanks also for the breakdown of Sac school districts. I've applied to Elk Grove and Sac City, but there are currently no job openings in Sac City Unified, and I spoke with some representatives at Elk Grove Unified at the conference I attended earlier this week and was told there won't be job openings in Elk Grove for another year or two. Looks like I'll try my luck with Twin Rivers and see how I do.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:38 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,664,323 times
You're quite welcome. I'm glad the info was helpful. Another resource would be the Sacramento County Office of Education. Their web address is

https://www.scoe.net/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento