Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 12:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

...and even the ones I've annoyed, I have some sad news. My beloved and most cherished wife, Peggy, passed away at age 68 from almost instant-onset pneumonia this past Monday. It goes without saying that I am grief-stricken. She was a good woman and far more than I likely deserved.

Peggy was born in Vallejo and mostly raised in Sacramento. She was an Air Force brat and since I was a Marine Corps brat it was just one of the many commonalities we shared. A practicing midwife for many years she delivered hundreds of babies throughout the Sacramento and Gold Countries areas.

I feel blessed to have moved to Sacramento from SoCal in 1990. It led to us meeting and for many years working together. After five years of appropriate, workplace-only friendship I finally asked her out which swiftly led to our 20.5 year marriage.

Sacramento will always hold a special place in my heart as not only where I spent 20 years but where we lived life to its fullest together for 13 of them. For me, the city is full of great memories of dining, attending entertainment, shopping, walking and living together - such beautiful times. Such a welcoming place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 12:27 PM

857 posts, read 975,845 times
So sorry, my condolences go out to you.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:29 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
So sorry to hear this. I don't really "know" you that well but have read more than a few of your posts. I hope you will be able to rise above this and feel some peace soon. Your wife sounds like a lovely lady.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:44 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
I'm so sorry for your loss Curmudgeon. I've read your posts from way back and I know you and your wife were true soulmates. Are any of your children going to come and be with you for awhile?

This forum gave me some strength when my husband died. It's a nice group of people should you need someone to talk to.
Widows & Widowers Support Groups Online | DailyStrength

https://www.dailystrength.org/group/widows-widowers

Old 05-21-2017, 01:20 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Never liked you or your posts at all for the most part. None the less I am sorry for your loss. I lost my brother in Feb and know the pain. It can get worse and it will. Keep a stiff upper lip and hang tough. God bless.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:15 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,406,148 times
Curmudgeon, you have my sincere condolences for your great loss. A loving wife makes every husband a better man.

Wiz o Rad: Really? If you had to respond while bringing up past and ongoing disagreements, you could have said something more like,
"While we have had our disagreements..." not "while I never liked you or your posts..."

Old 05-21-2017, 03:48 PM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times
I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Never liked you or your posts at all for the most part. None the less I am sorry for your loss. I lost my brother in Feb and know the pain. It can get worse and it will. Keep a stiff upper lip and hang tough. God bless.
Thank you, all but the "never liked" part that is. I'm sorry about your brother especially if you were close. I'll decidedly hang-in there. God bless you and your family too.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:48 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
I am so very sorry. Peggy sounds like a wonderful lady, and I am thankful you found one another.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
...and even the ones I've annoyed, I have some sad news. My beloved and most cherished wife, Peggy, passed away at age 68 from almost instant-onset pneumonia this past Monday. It goes without saying that I am grief-stricken. She was a good woman and far more than I likely deserved.

Peggy was born in Vallejo and mostly raised in Sacramento. She was an Air Force brat and since I was a Marine Corps brat it was just one of the many commonalities we shared. A practicing midwife for many years she delivered hundreds of babies throughout the Sacramento and Gold Countries areas.

I feel blessed to have moved to Sacramento from SoCal in 1990. It led to us meeting and for many years working together. After five years of appropriate, workplace-only friendship I finally asked her out which swiftly led to our 20.5 year marriage.

Sacramento will always hold a special place in my heart as not only where I spent 20 years but where we lived life to its fullest together for 13 of them. For me, the city is full of great memories of dining, attending entertainment, shopping, walking and living together - such beautiful times. Such a welcoming place.
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento