Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 PM

141 posts, read 534,962 times

Advertisements

"Give other people a chance now?" What do you want? How about a communist government that takes all the property from the haves and give it to the have nots. Sound like a good idea?

Seriously, you're whining and making opinionated statements that purport to be fact when they are indeed not factual. You can't predict the future so why complain about a situation that does not exist?

And why do you think that "working hard" should entitle you to by a certain type of home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy77 View Post
I

I think it's ridiculous that working middle class familes are being pushed aside to make room for rich out of town "investors." What is going to happen when the housing market goes back up, and now all these houses are owned by people who don't live here? Will this whole Sacramento area be full of houses for sale and rent? Yes. And is the cost of those houses going to be through the roof? Yes. This situation is just going to create another problem for the future. But I guess realtors and investors don't care about the problem being created for the future of middle class Sacramento families. Seems like they just have dollar signs in their eyes right now. Well that's too bad. I sure hope in 10 years, that I don't still live in a rental house, surrounded by other rental houses. I hope SOME people will be real homeowners. If you work hard all your life, I don't see why they make it so difficult to buy a house. I've been reading about how they are trying to help people who are about to go through a foreclosure. Instead of helping people who overspent on a too big house, why not give other people a chance now? I'd be happy to take over payments for someone who racked up all their credit cards and is now broke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM

154 posts, read 910,311 times
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Give other people a chance now?" What do you want? How about a communist government that takes all the property from the haves and give it to the have nots. Sound like a good idea?

Seriously, you're whining and making opinionated statements that purport to be fact when they are indeed not factual. You can't predict the future so why complain about a situation that does not exist?

And why do you think that "working hard" should entitle you to by a certain type of home?
Wow, you're rude. I thought this whole forum was for everyone's different opinions....why are you shooting me down for voicing mine? I think you should chill out or don't read these forums if you think we are all being opinionated whiners. Or were you just talking about me? Either way, you sound like a complete jerk. TGIF.

Gypsy

Old 05-09-2008, 10:47 AM

141 posts, read 534,962 times
Rude? No. Not me. "Rude" is when you get personal with someone on the forum and call them a "jerk", example - like in your post about me.

My post was a rebuttal to your post. If you don't like being shot down then stand up for yourself and rebut my posts with something worthy of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy77 View Post
Wow, you're rude. I thought this whole forum was for everyone's different opinions....why are you shooting me down for voicing mine? I think you should chill out or don't read these forums if you think we are all being opinionated whiners. Or were you just talking about me? Either way, you sound like a complete jerk. TGIF.

Gypsy

Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM

154 posts, read 910,311 times
Nah, I won't "rebut your posts with something worthy of discussion." You can have the last word. I really don't care enough to debate with you.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 AM

50 posts, read 271,022 times
Quote:

You attract more bee's with honey than with vinegar. If you're trying to prove a point you'd be more successful being a little less trite and a little more elegant.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:43 PM

13 posts, read 55,702 times
Default Hang in there

Just read through this and I can totally relate to it all as my family and I just bought a home and fought through many or the same challenges.

We went from being qualified for full financing, to needing 5%, them to needing 10%, and we qualified for the best loan for a very reputible nationwide lender.

We figured we could manage 10%, but adding on the closing costs was really pushing our available funds. The only thing that saved our bacon was that we ended up getting a offer accepted which paid for all our closing costs.

We too were outbid on many homes we were offerring on. It's funny, because to hear your descriptions I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't looking at some of the same houses.

Was the 1 day sale in Rocklin and had a red tile roof?

We also tried the "short sale" thing. I just looked and the house we had a short sale offer on is still not pending and by my calculations about 3 weeks away from foreclosure. That was a Rocklin home originally listed at 329K BTW(would be funny if we both had offers on that one as well).

Also saw some crazy things in those REOs being listed everywhere. One had the AC and Heating unit ripped out of it. Others were just filthy and not kept up. It's a shame these homes in such nice areas were sold to some people that obviously could not afford the loan and upkeep.

Anyways, oddly enough in this market filled with REOs and short sales, we ended up with a home sold the good old fashion way by real people living in it, and that were not getting kicked out it. In fact, they were the original owners and took great care of it.

Not sure if we overpaid, but after all the failed bidding wars and such we snatched this place up for full asking the weekend it was listed before they even put any photos on the listing or got the forsale sign out.

In the end it had everything we were looking for. Good neighborhood, good sized lot, great school district, and on a culdesac. Was not the experience I thought it would be buying a home in this supposed "buyer's market". I'm just glad it's over.

Will the prices go down further? Perhaps, but we're not flippers, investors, or anything of the sort. Just a family that plans on living here for a good long time.

Good luck on your search!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:49 PM

110 posts, read 665,198 times
We are looking in the $475000-$540000 range and everything that is nice with a pool is gone in the first 2 weeks , if that. In Chicago you cant give your house away even if it is a model home.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:59 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
I wonder if I am competitive in buying one of the REO homes. I only make $40,000 a year, but I am getting $110,000 soon due to inheritance. Is having a large down payment (perhaps 50%) look good in the eyes of the banks. I work in the southeast corner of Roseville, and I want to live nearby.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM

71 posts, read 329,892 times
Along the I-5,

The banks look at the whole picture, including offer price, terms and downpayment, then compare it with other offers which have come in. Yes, a big downpayment helps a great deal because it shows your strength, but you want to make sure your offering price is commensurate with the market. (i.e., they won't necessarily pick your offer if it is a low-ball offer with a large downpayment.) If you have shortened escrow and inspection timelines, a fair purchase price, plus a large downpayment, your chances are increased.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,825 times
What part of California are you interested in?
I am a realtor/investor that works with a great group of investors that have several homes available throughout California. Let me know your criteria and some #'s.
Warmly,
Sharon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento