Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 04:00 PM

590 posts, read 932,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Here's how I'd do it:

1. Select an RE firm that offers rebates on buyer's commissions, something like 1%. That's a considerable chunk of cash. RE agents or firms that don't offer rebates are a non-starter for me.

2. I look at internet for sale listings and go see the homes myself. I don't need or want the agent to drive me around.

3. If there's a home I'm interested in, then I'll contact my agent and have him or her submit an offer, and then represent me in any negotiations.
Can you elaborate on this? This is something I'm not familiar with, nor with how to find an agent that offers this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 06:35 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,570,934 times
---^^^^^^^^^^--
what he said!

Old 03-03-2020, 08:42 PM

300 posts, read 148,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Well I want to buy an affordable home close to work in a safe area. Simple as that.
Interesting. I wonder if this is even possible. I work downtown too and really we all want to live in a nice safe area where we don't have to deal with crappers and shooters and druggies on our nice little walk/scoot to work.

The problem is finding something decent within budget that you're not going to be embarrassed to invite your friends over.

RE agents want one thing: that six percent. They don't want to work for it. My two agents are very experienced, which I like, but they don't want to spend a moment with me to answer my stupid questions. So I put it on hold. Who wants to be upside down on a mortgage on day one and who wants to feel belittled for asking real basic questions that involve such things as how much do I need at closing.

Anyway, I'll give the second one a chance at least to meet up. Waiting for the market to calm down first. I'd rather pay a high rate than battle it out with other bidders. You can always refi later. You can't always refi if you buy a $450,000 home that's only worth half that at most. Two bed with one bath houses for half a mill that hasn't been updated since 1960 seem to be a common find --I'd never pay that kind of money for a money pit. My friends did that and they're still regretting it while they pour money into bringing their house up to current standards. The house has costed them a fortune and it's still a crappily built house in a bad area and it's still sub-par in very poor workmanship. no thanks.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 AM

@DaneThornberg,

Agreed and correct. I had a recent injury that put my house search on hold until my broken foot heals. Of the agents that I dealt with, most of them sent me the same crappy listings for the most part that I can pull up online. None offered this rebate discount program that Elliot_CA mentioned. How do we find an RE firm that actually provides this rebate? Are there any in Sacramento county even?

Old 03-05-2020, 10:02 AM

@DaneThornberg,

Another thing- the my corona virus panic is tanking markets and perhaps a major recession in 2021 may cause mass layoffs in the private sector and force greedy sellers to drop prices to realistic levels again? Also, the average income in Sacramento county is only 70k not much to spend on a 500k crapshack. The FED keeps slashing interest rates toward NIRP and low inventory is what agents tell me is causing real estate prices to remain inflated currently. I see homes go pending in less than 2 weeks it is really insane.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:00 AM

49 posts, read 135,435 times
Buyers don't pay commission when they buy a home.

There are few RE firms that offers rebate to buyers(not sure if I can post names here), but is not that simple, the buyer has to read very careful the fine print.
This Rebate comes with a lot of rules, regulations for buyer in order to qualify and most of the time unexperienced agents.

When you are buying a home and paying a lot of money you need an experienced agent, to help you through process, know the law, rules regulations, area...and you will save more money with a good negotiator on your side.

If you need more info please DM.

Last edited by michellebadu; 03-10-2020 at 11:21 AM..

Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post
Interesting. I wonder if this is even possible. I work downtown too and really we all want to live in a nice safe area where we don't have to deal with crappers and shooters and druggies on our nice little walk/scoot to work.

The problem is finding something decent within budget that you're not going to be embarrassed to invite your friends over.

RE agents want one thing: that six percent. They don't want to work for it. My two agents are very experienced, which I like, but they don't want to spend a moment with me to answer my stupid questions. So I put it on hold. Who wants to be upside down on a mortgage on day one and who wants to feel belittled for asking real basic questions that involve such things as how much do I need at closing.

Of course you have questions, there are not such a thing as stupid questions when are so much money involved and not have the experience...
the agents should be there to help you and take time to answer any questions you have, make this process as understandable and easy possible, provide you with helpful info and contacts.

DM if you have specific questions.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:24 PM

some info here
Coronavirus & the housing market
Things to consider about the coronavirus & real estate:
https://sacramentoappraisalblog.com/...ousing-market/

Last edited by michellebadu; 03-10-2020 at 01:41 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 12:02 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Well I want to buy an affordable home close to work in a safe area. Simple as that.
Where is work? And what is your budget?

Old 03-14-2020, 02:09 PM

@caligirlz, I work downtown Sacramento. Budget under 500k, less the better. No HOA, no Mello Roos aka "mello screw-u".
I don't need a huge yard or pool. I want a nice big open updated kitchen and master bathroom. Vaulted ceilings. 2000 square foot size about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento