Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 AM

7 posts, read 24,397 times

Advertisements

After an extensive search we have finally decided on Lincoln!!(Thank you everyone for your help!

We will be moving in a couple weeks and I would like any information on the area that you all are willing to share!

Points of interest include:

1. Pre-K program for my son-Anyone know anything about Community Christian on 1st ST?

2. Banks-Is Umqua a good place to bank?

3. Hairstylists, Dr.'s, Dentists, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 07:22 PM

914 posts, read 2,917,850 times
Not to be rude or nosy, but what made you decide on Lincoln? there was an article in the newspaper about two weeks ago regarding the drop in home prices there, and how builders were so desperate to unload their homes they were slashing hundreds of thousands of the price! Were home prices the deciding factor for you?

Old 01-16-2007, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,232 times
Talking Lincoln is cool

Lincoln, located in NW Placer County, is growing, but relatively quiet community. I've in the Sacramento metro area since 1986, when Lincoln only had about 18,000 residents. What's cool about Lincoln is that a large majority of people who live there escaped from the hustle and bustle of San Francisco. I myself moved from Berkeley in 1986 and just was able to relax in my Citrus Heights community.

Of course, you've already checked out Community Christian. Plus, Lincoln or Rocklin is opening a Christian university soon, if not already open. I know a VP at Umpqua Bank (not in Lincoln however) The bank is a merge of bank, coffee house with Internet and a music store---pretty eclectic for a bank.

The area is rich with a full complement of dentists, hairstylists, etc. Interview them all.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:24 PM

7 posts, read 24,397 times
Thanks for the info Clarence!

Looking4home.......we are relocating from Washington(as you probably already know) and had no previous knowledge of the Sac area. We are renting for the first year so that we can better explore the area and decide where we want to be. We looked at homes in Folsom, Plumas Lake, Lincoln, and El Dorado Hills. We liked the Folsom/El Dorado Hills area, but the houses we looked at didn't fit our needs. Plumas Lake was way too far out and we were not impressed with the Yuba City area. We looked at couple different homes in Lincoln and decided it was the best fit for us at this point. I like it because everything you need on a daily basis is right there(groceries, gas, etc.) and the larger stores/malls are not that far away. We will be living in Lincoln Crossing(a planned community) which is a little too "new development-esque" for my taste, but like I said we didn't have much time and I think Lincoln will be a great place to start from!

PS-You are not rude or nosy.......that's what this forum is for....asking questions!

Old 01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
AJY

52 posts, read 236,926 times
Talking Lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancr1799 View Post
After an extensive search we have finally decided on Lincoln!!(Thank you everyone for your help!

We will be moving in a couple weeks and I would like any information on the area that you all are willing to share!

Points of interest include:

1. Pre-K program for my son-Anyone know anything about Community Christian on 1st ST?

2. Banks-Is Umqua a good place to bank?

3. Hairstylists, Dr.'s, Dentists, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!

You made a really good choice, I love Lincoln! most of it's brand new and very close to shopping in Roseville.
Dr. Boatman in Lincoln is a great dentist I would highly recommend him.
I wish you the best.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:23 AM

914 posts, read 2,917,850 times
dancr1799, a word of caution. Lincoln Crossing is named that because it is very near a busy rail line. Many of the residents there are complaing about the blaring train horns at all hours of the day and night. Lincoln happens to have many rail crossings near each other, and the law requires that engineers honk their horns as they approach a crossing. Consequently, residents are constantly serenaded by the blare of very loud train horns. It's good you are just renting, as if it bothers you too much you can always move elsewhere. Our regional newspaper, The Sacrmento Bee, just had letters and an article with both viewpoints in last weeks paper. Just Google sacbee.com and search for these stories. It may be under the Rosevile section in the community news heading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento