Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 07:52 AM

23 posts, read 95,623 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to either Placer or Nevada county. I would be commuting to Auburn so hopefully I won't experience the traffic problems associated with the Sac commuters.

Where would be a good location to avoid the oppressive summer heat and still be commutable?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 AM

132 posts, read 427,928 times
Good luck... there really is no such place... if you like to get some snow in the winter then move to Grass Valley...

Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostoria View Post
I am considering a move to either Placer or Nevada county. I would be commuting to Auburn so hopefully I won't experience the traffic problems associated with the Sac commuters.

Where would be a good location to avoid the oppressive summer heat and still be commutable?

Thanks for any input.
I personally really like Placer County. If you would like to keep your commute short to Auburn you will have a hard time escaping the heat, of course the further into the hills you go the cooler it gets but not much.

I would not move to Grass Valley just because the traffic in and out can be horrible but of course I don't think Auburn is great for traffic either.

I would get in touch with a really good and really honest agent in the area.
Also a good place to check for weather stats is http://www.wunderground.com/ that way you can look up past temperatures as apposed to just averages.

Good luck on your move!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 PM

111 posts, read 463,143 times
Hwy 49 from Grass Valley to Auburn is not a fun commute, but if you wanted to go that direction how about Alta Sierra? Lake of the Pines is a gated community closer yet to Auburn.
If you want to be off I-80, there is Christian Valley, Meadow Vista,certain areas are somewhat cooler. Also nice Colfax area, Peardale/Chicago Park (about 18-20miles to Auburn)
It's always a trade off, heat or snow? Alta is very nice right now, but in the winter, you will have significant snow. At least you don't have to shovel heat.....just stay in with the AC on and write checks to PGE.

Happy hunting!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 13,669 times
there actually is not usually alot of snow in GV - there are many people who live here and don't have four wheel drive. Elevation ranges from 1300-3000ft.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
If you are getting a job in Auburn, why not look for a place to live in Auburn? Nice short commute, and while it gets hot it's cooler than the valley proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento