Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM

409 posts, read 957,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Pacella View Post
We will be moving our family sometime during the summer of 2013, and we are under the gun to sign a contract to start construction this week. Please if anyone could give us some advice on a move to this area if would be greatly appreciated.
Pam P
You may want to ask your question as a new post on the Sacramento thread to get better details but here are some comments from older posts regarding Westpark/Fiddyment Farms...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
Hello, I am a West Park resident also. I too preferred the West Park area over Fiddyment Farms. I have lived in Roseville for almost 12 years now. The main draw back to Fiddyment Farms IMO is it is too close to the county landfill and the sewer plant. It is really right in between them. Some developments, like Iron Crest are right across the street from the sewer plant. Find out what the local residents are talking about at WestRoseville dot org Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning80 View Post
I'd also put JMC's communities in Crocker Ranch in your considerations. We did our house search a year and half ago in West Roseville and visited every builder in both WestPark and Fiddyment Farms and amost bought from Centex in WestPark and/or Lennar in Fiddyment. But the proximity to powerlines in WestPark and the sewage plant in Fiddyment kept us away at the end. Then we went to Crocker Ranch which we thought was out of our reach at first because the prices were typically higher than WestPark and Fiddyment. Crocker Ranch is a more developed community (you won't see all these empty lots like you would at WestPark and Fiddyment) with a large portion gated. The only lots available are not gated, which also means lower prices, and no HOA. There is only one builder, JMC, and we've been very pleased with the service they've been providing. The house is perfect for our family as well. No powerlines in sight and no smoke stack from the sewage plant to sour the view. Yes, it's closer to the landfill, but we've only smelled it about twice in over year. Which was the same amount when we asked around the Fiddyment owners when we were considering there. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketir View Post
This is a pretty old thread. Anyways, I was under the assumption that the problem with the fiddyment area was the landfill and the power plant. As well as there being a tax if/when you ever sell your property for some farm land mitigation. I know Crocker Ranch prices are a little higher, but there is a reason for that.
Jes
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Pacella View Post
We will be moving our family sometime during the summer of 2013, and we are under the gun to sign a contract to start construction this week. Please if anyone could give us some advice on a move to this area if would be greatly appreciated.
Pam P
I think the info that was posted previously is fairly accurate. Plus, it's really far away from most of the Sacramento metro, so unless you will actually be working in Roseville, be prepared for a very long commute.

There is also something about the wetlands preservation out there. From what I remember, the developers costs for saving the wetlands were not just passed to the initial buyer of the homes, but also to all successive purchasers as well while they paid nothing. I remember it was some kind of convoluted scheme.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Be aware of the extra costs and fees you will be paying to live there. Because it was annexed land that was rezoned from farmland, the city and developers had to make all of these costly concessions that naturally gets passed on to the consumer. The Mello-Roos is very high there. In fact, they are calling it Mello-Roos, but one realtor admited to me that it will never be paid off. So that's not really a Mello-Roos type of bond that generally gets paid off in 20-25 yrs. What it really is are hidden fees for everything from water usage to extra fees to have basic services like police and fire protection - the same services the rest of Roseville isn't paying extra for. And ask them about the deal developers had to make with the Sierra Club, so that when you go to sell your home someday, a percentage of the sale has to go to some wetlands preservation fund. It's true! Don't let them lump all the fees together and call it "Mello-Roos". Ask for a line-item breakdown of each cost. I wouldn't live in that area, anyway. You are near the Water Treatment Plant, and the new energy facility which is nearing completion. Aesthetically, it's an ugly area with no mature trees or interesting topography. Remember, this is re-zoned farmland, so we are talking flat! Also, the high-tension electrial wires and transformers run out there and are an eyesore, and some people believe, a health risk of some kind.
The high tension wires are also a future park strip in the making. Having grown up near a high tension wire right of way park, without which we would not have *had* a nearby park, I consider that a plus. That said, west Roseville has ample parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento