Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 02:29 PM

10 posts, read 10,839 times

Advertisements

I’m a 45 years old single Asian. I have been in Seattle for 30 years and I hate Seattle’s weather. The worst part is I do landscaping for living. I’m self-employed and I don’t have to work on days that are rained out, but the weather forecast get it right only half the time. Sometimes I can’t leave the job when it rains and I hate it. I’ve been doing landscape construction for 16 yrs and I never get tired of it. I get a lot works from my website that I built by myself and I know the tricks of the trade to bring my website to high ranking. It doesn’t matter where I move to, I still get work from my website, all I need to change the search engine keywords for people to find my website. I am planning to relocate to East Bay Area in then of the summer. I chose to move to Eastbay Area for a better weather. I would not go to any further down the South, the weather is too hot for me. I want to live in a clean environment, less traffic congestion and people are not packed like sardines in a can. I want to know where are the majority white people live in the Eastbay area? I do not discriminate the colored people but they are the lowballers and they just waste my time. Moving down to Bay Area is so easy for me, I just load all my belongs on my big truck and drive it down there. I am not sure what part of Eastbay that I am going to live but probably Oakland Hills. Please give me some inputs what you think and thank you for reading my post.

Last edited by seattle1966; 07-14-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 01:11 PM

3 posts, read 19,970 times
Bay Area has many micro locations and it really depends on your price range and rent vs buy etc. Also it's not just the city, but specific areas of a city that can vary quite a bit in terms of "environment".

Also I'd consider Oakland "extreme north" in terms of being in Bay Area. I'd suggest you also look at Fremont, which get you better access to the normal Silicon Valley part of bay area. But it is much more "suburban" compared to Oakland.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:41 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,310,131 times
You might also get better feedback from more people with first hand knowledge regarding the bay area if you actually posted this question in the bay area forum instead of the Sacramento forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento