Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 AM

81 posts, read 293,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbug View Post
Oh gosh. I've never heard of this - driving to another neighborhood to trick or treat? Parts of EG being "better," how? As in, more homes giving out more candy? I don't think teaching your kids to "go where the getting is best" is necessarily a good message to be sending them. If your neighborhood is good enough to live in, it's good enough to trick or treat in! And I love seeing my neighborhood kids in their costumes!
I guess maybe this depends on the city. In San Francisco, lots of families would drive out to the Seacliff neighborhood because of the million dollar houses, great decorations, and lots of candy There were tons of people out and it was safe as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 PM

7 posts, read 10,375 times
My daddy's house as he gives out WHOLE candy bars to the kiddies!!
He lives in Laguna.

Nicole

Old 10-16-2010, 08:27 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
If you want a fun halloween thing to do with the kids, try out the Spookamotive train ride at the railroad museum in old town sac. It has a skeleton (fun not scary) crew for the kids. Just google it for more details, but the are going this weekend and the next few weekends on the hour from 10-4. Check out the train museum while you are there, it's fun and the kids love it. If your child joins the museum ($15/year) you and your child get to go into the museum and take free train rides all year with the exception of the Polar Express rides.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,093 times
what time does trick or treating start in Elk Grove?

Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I would imagine most residential neighborhoods near an elementary school would be good. Obviously not everyone in a neighborhood, or even on a street, is going to do something though. 7-8 seems like the normal trick or treat time for little kids.

I'm my town we did have a street where most people went all out on Halloween and it drew a crowd for a couple years until people moved and the new owners weren't that into it. The same thing happened with a cul-de-sac that decorated for Christmas so all the cars would drive by and look at the lights. Can't stop change.. and can't force people to keep the rest of us amused. Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento