Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM

11 posts, read 67,450 times

Advertisements

Looking for the best TorT for small children in the Sac or Elk Grove area.
East Sac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 07:47 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,895,855 times
Why not hit up the local neighbors who have their lights on? That always worked for me.

I always gave out candy bars to the neighborhood kids and Dots or Tootsie Rolls to anyone I didn't recognize.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:57 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
Elk Grove - just go anywhere!

East Sac is okay - not as many families so not as much open

We went to Land Park once and it was kind of dead

We are out in Fair Oaks, and I'm highly contimplating going to Elk Grove just to T or T (a friend lives out there)

Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the advice. Any particular part of EG better?

Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,174,886 times
Oh gosh. I've never heard of this - driving to another neighborhood to trick or treat? Parts of EG being "better," how? As in, more homes giving out more candy? I don't think teaching your kids to "go where the getting is best" is necessarily a good message to be sending them. If your neighborhood is good enough to live in, it's good enough to trick or treat in! And I love seeing my neighborhood kids in their costumes!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:48 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
Good advice - but before Fair Oaks I lived in Midtown, so we drove over to Land Park

I just had our neighbor stop by and tell us to get a bunch of candy, she's going to Costco to get 5 bags! She says people drive to our neighborhood for treats!

So I guess we stay here - We are in Phoenix Field

Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbug View Post
Oh gosh. I've never heard of this - driving to another neighborhood to trick or treat? Parts of EG being "better," how? As in, more homes giving out more candy? I don't think teaching your kids to "go where the getting is best" is necessarily a good message to be sending them. If your neighborhood is good enough to live in, it's good enough to trick or treat in! And I love seeing my neighborhood kids in their costumes!
actually we were looking for areas that are decorated halloweenish with other little kids about. The kids love all that kind of stuff. We could care a less about the quality or quantity of the candy.
So where are you at with that ...now?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
Why not hit up the local neighbors who have their lights on? That always worked for me.

I always gave out candy bars to the neighborhood kids and Dots or Tootsie Rolls to anyone I didn't recognize.
We area looking for the areas that are decorated up fancy, lights/pumpkins/spooks/etc for the kids

Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,160 times
im new to phoenix and live closser to the city in the neighborhood of westen park ? does anyone know is theres is any trick or treating there or where i ould take my son im orignally from pa and they do a lot of trick or treating there if anyone can help pls write back thanks

Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,189,137 times
When we lived on American River Canyon Dr parents would drop their kids off in front of our house literally by the van full. We had some of the most rude kids just grabbing handfuls of candy, one actually followed us into the house trying to grab more while I was closing the door. Ridiculous. And there were NOT that many kids in the neighborhood. The neighborhood was not decorated with fun, scary Halloween stuff so it was strictly for the "that's a nice neighborhood, let's go there" mentality. Stay and TorT where you live. Get to know your neighbors and neighborhoods! I didn't give out any better candy there than I did at any of our other houses. In fact, I started giving out DumDums!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento