Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2006, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,674 times

Advertisements

In the coming months my family and I will likely be moving to the Salt Lake City area. The office is in Sandy and I'd like to commute for no more than 30 minutes. Can anyone recommend an area where we might be able to find a home, on at least 1 acre of land, in the $350K - $450K range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM

378 posts, read 1,905,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnDog8
In the coming months my family and I will likely be moving to the Salt Lake City area. The office is in Sandy and I'd like to commute for no more than 30 minutes. Can anyone recommend an area where we might be able to find a home, on at least 1 acre of land, in the $350K - $450K range?
I would browse the other forum topics here first to gather the most information about the Salt Lake Area. I would normally recommend the East Bench of Salt Lake, but you will not find an acre of land with a house in your price range. You will be best suited searching for a home in the Herriman, South Jordan, and even Saratoga Springs area. These are newer areas of the Wasatch Front where there is still land availiable. You might also try the areas west of salt lake like Tooele and Standsbury Park.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,674 times
Thanks.

What about your advice to stay East of I 15? Also, what if I spent $500K

Old 03-12-2006, 02:40 AM

378 posts, read 1,905,693 times
I would browse the listings on http://www.utahrealestate.com/ with your price range in mind.

Look for homes in the Cottonwood, East Millcreek, Holiday, Sandy areas. Browse the other posts I've made for a more detailed outlook.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...searchid=26191

Old 03-14-2006, 01:28 PM
MDD

2 posts, read 6,124 times
Once again, look in the south end of the valley. Bluffdale has mostly one-acre or bigger lots, and the housing, for the present time, is cheaper than the east side. It's beautiful out there, and there's space to grow. You won't likely find anything with an acre or more in Cottonwood, Millcreek, Holladay, or Sandy. Bluffdale is only about 15-20 minutes from Sandy.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:17 PM

10 posts, read 92,772 times
SO how sandy Is Sandy???

We're thinking of moving to Sandy and wondering how the climate REALLY is. ;o)
People and weather. Is it Green at all? Looking forward to some snow, but not digging ourselves out, which I don't think is an issue in Sandy. Being non LDS, but having 4 kids I think we'll fit in okay. I hope so, anyway...

:O)

Old 04-14-2006, 05:23 PM

9 posts, read 35,596 times
Default I live in Sandy

Actually, I'm in East Sandy, right below Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. We have some mature trees, since the area is a little older. I think if you are coming from a woodsy area, you may still find it a little bare. I grew up in Northern California and found this area a little bare when I first moved here in 1994.

Sandy is a great area to raise kids. Not quite as busy as the city area, but still close to everything. The schools are good and it's still pretty safe for the kids to roam.

Winters are cold and we do have some snow to shovel, but spring, fall, and summer more than makes up for it.

I am also non-LDS and haven's found it to be an issue here. We have wonderful neighbors and some are LDS, some not.

Looks like our real estate market is really taking off lately. I'm actually just getting ready to list my house for sale and having trouble settling on a selling price since things seem to be moving so fast. I guess we're still pretty affordable compared to everywhere elso.

Last edited by emptynester; 04-14-2006 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area