Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM

39 posts, read 80,070 times

Advertisements

I for one am hoping this storm is a sign for another big snow season!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,478 times
Me too. I have started my prayers to Ullr.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:46 AM

835 posts, read 2,075,981 times
Me three! I got my "job" at Canyons lined up, job at Christy Sport lined up, I even managed to get La Nina lined up too. My fellow meteorologist husband keeps reminding me that La Nina means nothing for Utah, I keep reminding him about last seasons "nothing" too!
We need a bigger more powerful snowblower but I don't want to mess any snow juju/mojo up by getting one either...apologies extended to Katz and Katy for my winter happiness...

Old 10-08-2011, 04:06 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
We need a bigger more powerful snowblower but I don't want to mess any snow juju/mojo up by getting one either...apologies extended to Katz and Katy for my winter happiness...
Well, I'm very happy for you, skibarbie, but I just wish the snow would stay in the mountains where it belongs.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:03 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,396 times
It does^^^ slc just happens to be in a low spot in the mountains

Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 AM

62 posts, read 201,145 times
I am psyched! This will be my first ski season in Utah and when I saw the snow last week, I was hoping for an early season but I guess I'll have to be realistic and wait for a little while. People have told me that by Thanksgiving there will "generally" be some decent skiing and I'm sure looking forward to it. In fact, I just ordered some new skis today since my old pair were getting a "little long in the tooth." Plus, my old pair were skis designed for hardpack and ice, which I'm hoping doesn't exist here in Utah. And since this topic is on skiing, can anyone recommend a ski shop that works on Nordica boots? I need to have the toe and heel replaceable sole sections replaced and I forgot to buy new pieces when I left Vermont. In Vermont, you can just buy the pieces and replace them yourself and hopefully I can do the same here in Utah. Thank you and: "Think Snow!"

Old 10-10-2011, 11:57 AM

39 posts, read 80,070 times
Actually "psyched" is more appropriate word for me as well!! Well I don't know if the snow will be any good but Solitude opens on Nov 11 so thats the weekend I will be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRat View Post
...And since this topic is on skiing, can anyone recommend a ski shop that works on Nordica boots?
I'm new to skiing and Utah so this is from limited knowledge but my wife and I just bought some new Nordica boots at Ski'n'see. They helped me fit the linings heating them etc. I saw a "Nordica" car outside during their big sale so I'd say they would be worth calling anyways. Of course there are tons of ski shops around here

Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
Utah looks awesome for skiing!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 03:32 PM

835 posts, read 2,075,981 times
HeyRock Rat, welcome to the first best winter of your life! I have worked in a ski shop for the past 10 years and have some great boot fitting guys for you. Did you buy your boots here?

Old 10-10-2011, 06:54 PM

62 posts, read 201,145 times
Thank you, SnowBuddy, for the info. I called them today and I'm going over to their Sandy store on Wednesday to see if they have what I need. I appreciate the prompt response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area