Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 PM

17 posts, read 65,951 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! My husband and I are planning to move to the Layton/Clearfield/Roy area. We currently live in Las Vegas where the jets from Nellis AFB are very loud. What is it like if you live in an area close to Hill? Do the planes bother you much? Are there some areas that we should avoid because of the base? Thanks for any responses!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,188 times
I live in Layton just south-east of the flightline for HAFB. I think we probably hear the planes about 1-2 times a day, and only briefly. (Usually it is just 3 or 4 jets that fly over and then you don't hear them again for quite awhile.)

I'm an Air Force brat, so I tend to not notice them as much as some people. I remember when we lived in Fort Worth, there were the B-52's that would fly in the same circular path over and over again. Those were much louder than the F-16's that fly here. And with these ones, you don't have to worry about them flying over you repeatedly like with the larger aircraft.

If you want to have absolutely no noise from them, I would avoid Layton. I don't know how much the other towns in the area experience the flyovers, but I know Layton is effected by them daily.

Hope my ramblings helped out. It really is a great area and I think you will enjoy it. Welcome to Utah.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:08 AM

43 posts, read 133,240 times
Hi there - We are PCS-ing to Hill next month, and just got back from house hunting there. We actually enjoyed the jets flying about, it's new for us since my husband has been stationed at smaller bases. We were only there four days, and stayed on base, but didn't notice the noise to be constant or bother some.

I will say that some of the neighborhoods in East Layton right near base might not be best if you are going to buy, our relator was saying from a resale point of view, the jet noise obviously would not be appreciated.

We looked in Clinton, Clearfield, Syracuse and Layton and are buying a home in Syracuse. Good Luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area