Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:08 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I don't know. Surely the web site has the info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 10,547 times
Maybe she got sucked into a polygamous marriage by a stray LDS person roaming the streets! UGH! Watch out for them! They are everywhere!

Of course I use sarcasm for people without humor. Or for people who are ...wait for it... non LDS. Shock and horrors. It would be nice for all people to note that Deseret was in fact much bigger than all of Utah, and the LDS were the one's to settle here over 150 years ago, and having that knowledge, if you still move to Utah and can't accept that LDS are just like everyone else who live in America...don't move to Utah. I am not from Utah, and I chose to live here knowing the culture would actually be a good thing for a family, and I find it interesting that one would have to worry about their kids or their social life is one chooses to live here in Utah.

I am LDS ( as if you didn't figure that by know right), and perhaps I should judge outsiders who have mob mentalities such as many "non lds", as one's who chased, killed, burned, tarred and feathered, raped, etc pioneers out of their homes, etc, akin to the same folks who chased the LDS to Utah in the first place.
(just a rant I know)

Old 02-25-2011, 04:26 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,757,641 times
There is of course that "we were here first" mentality which frankly isn't all that wrong. The LDS for the most part settled this area first and established the ways and means of the valley in general. Just as if you talk to the folks up in Washington and Oregon have a real big problem with the Californians that "Californicated" their states akin to raping and pillaging coming up there by the thousands and buying up homes and land inflating the property prices back in the late 80's and 90's. Yes even here it occured. Much worse in the Denver metro which now is one big megalopolis with HUGE traffic problems and crowding and pasted cookie cutter suburban sprawl. I was rather hoping we could avoid a bit if that here. I'm not sure with the governors attitude on bringing so much commerce to the State that can be avoided. And once again the schools will get the short end of that stick bringing that stick to the hind end of the tax payers time and time again....especially in the Jordan School District.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,740 times
Default How's Living in South Jordan, UTAH

Hi, I am writing to find out some information about UTAH. I live in New Mexico and would like to attend a school located in South Jordan, so I would like to live close to the school. I also have a daughter that will be starting Kindergarden, so I would like to find out about any good schools in the area. Since I am from New Mexico where it hardly ever snows, will I survive UTAH weather ? I dont know which makes me more nervous, the weather there or moving all the way over there (Just me and my daughter). Also I do not want to buy a house because I do not know if I will stay after I finish school, so any good rentals in that area? If anyone has any great info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 02:03 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,210,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chwelch10 View Post
Hi, I am writing to find out some information about UTAH. I live in New Mexico and would like to attend a school located in South Jordan, so I would like to live close to the school. I also have a daughter that will be starting Kindergarden, so I would like to find out about any good schools in the area. Since I am from New Mexico where it hardly ever snows, will I survive UTAH weather ? I dont know which makes me more nervous, the weather there or moving all the way over there (Just me and my daughter). Also I do not want to buy a house because I do not know if I will stay after I finish school, so any good rentals in that area? If anyone has any great info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
I live in Daybreak in SJ and my kids go to Daybreak elementary, we are on our second kindergarten teacher and they have both been great!

I am from So Cal and the snow has not been bad at all, it sucks for a short time if driving but they maintain the roads very well.

There are lots of rentals in Daybreak, check out ksl.com.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I live in Daybreak in SJ and my kids go to Daybreak elementary, we are on our second kindergarten teacher and they have both been great!

I am from So Cal and the snow has not been bad at all, it sucks for a short time if driving but they maintain the roads very well.

There are lots of rentals in Daybreak, check out ksl.com.

Thank You so much for the info . I went through the terrible school system with my oldest daughter here in New Mexico, so I will be excited for my little one to start somewhere that is great

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM

494 posts, read 1,897,353 times
There aren't "bad" school districts in the Salt Lake Valley, but there are bad schools. As far as I know, there are no bad schools in South Jordan, and most (if not all) are considered excellent.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwm03160 View Post
There aren't "bad" school districts in the Salt Lake Valley, but there are bad schools. As far as I know, there are no bad schools in South Jordan, and most (if not all) are considered excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chwelch10 View Post
Thank You so much for the info . I went through the terrible school system with my oldest daughter here in New Mexico, so I will be excited for my little one to start somewhere that is great
I think a lot of it has to do with parental involvement. When we were looking at houses in Daybreak we checked out both schools and in each case we saw and talked with several parent volunteers. My wife always volunteers and she is not needed nearly as much as she was in our old school in CA.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 AM

555 posts, read 1,653,772 times
Someday I'm going to start posting in more of these South Jordan threads... there is much more to South Jordan then just Daybreak. There are actually normal parts too!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmert View Post
Someday I'm going to start posting in more of these South Jordan threads... there is much more to South Jordan then just Daybreak. There are actually normal parts too!
You should, I would like to know more about the city I am looking down on from up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area