Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:38 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
I did hear one time this is the #1 place for plastic surgery. That shocked me
Yes Utah is the number one state for plastic surgery. How sad. I even heard that some moms nowadays are giving their daughters breast augmentations for a graduation gift. Sick. And how hypocritical are many of these plastic made up women who would probably scoff and look down on someone with tattoos because they supposedly believe the body is sacred and a temple.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:55 PM

702 posts, read 1,983,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Yes Utah is the number one state for plastic surgery. How sad. I even heard that some moms nowadays are giving their daughters breast augmentations for a graduation gift. Sick. And how hypocritical are many of these plastic made up women who would probably scoff and look down on someone with tattoos because they supposedly believe the body is sacred and a temple.
Oh yes indeed. I know for a fact. Very hypocrital when it comes to some of this stuff

Old 08-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamamma View Post
It does seem to be really prevalent there. Although, maybe it's a pervasive ideal everywhere nowadays. In the last 6 months I have known women (mother's of young children) that died post surgery (the elective kind) because of complications.
I don't know what the deal is with it. Its like a bunch of barbies like I said before. Its a joke. Spend all this money on stuff and wonder why Utah is #1 in being poor. Makes no sense

Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM

595 posts, read 2,742,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
I don't know what the deal is with it. Its like a bunch of barbies like I said before. Its a joke. Spend all this money on stuff and wonder why Utah is #1 in being poor. Makes no sense
I don't think Utah is the poorest state.

As for the whole plastic surgery thing, and how Utah is #1, that really is sad, and shocking at the same time. How is it that Mormons aren't allowed to drink coffee, but they have no problems with making their breasts 5* their original size?

I, too would have thought that California or Florida would have won that contest.

Oh, btw, I was watching a show on E! about the "12 sexiest jobs" and, out of my surprise, Salt Lake City had one on there! I assume many of you have heard the news about the bikini girls cutting hair downtown?

LOL!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:15 PM

OMG..lol. No i didn't mean poorest, I ment the largest bankruptcy/foreclosure rate. I guess some would rather pay for boobs than their house payment.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:15 PM

550 posts, read 2,168,796 times
I agree... I have never heard Utah being called the poorest state.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:38 PM

Again....I MEANT THE LARGES IN BANKRUPTCY AND FORECLOSURE...sometimes my brain thinks faster than I can type...and actually it is really cheap to live here compared to the East Coast. For a 5 bd u pay 350 here u would pay close to 800K out there

Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 PM

550 posts, read 2,168,796 times
Crap, apologies for posting right below you when you already answered my question, I'm assuming I loaded the page before you posted your comment.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM

lol it's ok...ill forgive ya

Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,473 times
Back to the plastic surgery thing, I was really surprised by that, so I looked it up online.

Here is an article:
In Depth: Most Popular Places For Plastic Surgery - Forbes.com

Basically it says that the type of procedure varies greatly by region so one area of the country might have the highest rate of breast augmentation, another might have the highest rate of botox usage. It said the face was worked on the most in regions which are colder/have varying seasons and the body was worked on more in areas with lots of sun (so presumably that would be places like FL, AZ, CA, etc).

I couldn't find anything saying UT has particularly high rates of plastic surgery. Curious if someone has a link or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area