Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 01:29 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,726,963 times

Advertisements

staying at the Red Pine condos for 4 nights.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 01:37 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,034,344 times
That's nice. My suggestion, if you want skiing advice, is to try a skiing forum like epicski.com. You'll get more and better info than a relocation board.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
That's nice. My suggestion, if you want skiing advice, is to try a skiing forum like epicski.com. You'll get more and better info than a relocation board.
why are you on the utah board?

Old 12-29-2015, 02:00 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
why are you on the utah board?
Kletter1mann is moving to Salt Lake City next month and has been participating on the Salt Lake forum for months now. While his post probably came across as kind of abrupt, you'll have to admit that your OP didn't give us much to go on. Specifically, what kind of advice were you looking for?

Old 12-29-2015, 02:02 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Red Pine condos are nice and they are convenient. Grocery shopping: Kimball Junction (US80 / State 224) for supermarkets, restaurants, a movie theater and even a bowling alley. You pass through Kimball Junction when you exit the freeway on your drive to PC. It is about 5 minutes from your condo. Take the free Park City bus to Old Town Park City (walk from your condo to the 7-11 to pick up the bus).

As for skiing, Canyons/Park City Mountain Resort is great. I know the mountain very well (I try to put in about 60 days/winter at this resort). Post what type of terrain & conditions you are looking for, and I'll give you my 2 cents. Also, if you plan to rent equipment rather than bring your own, I suggest you make reservations online to make sure gear is available for you when you arrive.

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 12-29-2015 at 02:15 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Kletter1mann is moving to Salt Lake City next month and has been participating on the Salt Lake forum for months now. While his post probably came across as kind of abrupt, you'll have to admit that your OP didn't give us much to go on. Specifically, what kind of advice were you looking for?
Participating here as well as skiing in UT for years. LOL, next month is now next week! Very excited!

As for abrupt - figured a fellow NYer would appreciate the directness. :-) That said, the slower and more civil SLC lifestyle immediately causes me to become less abrupt and impatient!

Old 12-29-2015, 07:07 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
Participating here as well as skiing in UT for years.
How come I missed that after all these months?

Quote:
LOL, next month is now next week! Very excited!
So where did you end up buying?

Quote:
As for abrupt - figured a fellow NYer would appreciate the directness. :-) That said, the slower and more civil SLC lifestyle immediately causes me to become less abrupt and impatient!
I knew we'd wear off on you eventually.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
1. How come I missed that after all these months?

2. So where did you end up buying?

3. I knew we'd wear off on you eventually.
1. Not sure. I don't even know if I mentioned it cause it doesn't really relate to our relo questions and issues.

2. Haven't yet. We'll do so when we get there. Compared to northeast the process in UT is about as complicated as buying a car - fast, cheap, no lawyers. Also, within a general area and price point the houses tend to pretty generic and variables are few - Ranch or split level? MIL apt or rec room in basement? Remodeled or needs updates?

Anyway, we've settled on the areas radiating out from E Millcreek - E Millcreek itself, adjoining Holladay, Olympus maybe, Foothill maybe (the latter being more expensive). For our needs those areas are in the geographical sweet-spot for downtown access, Sugarhouse access, Rt 80 access and BCC/LCC accress. And, on the benches there's potential for a view, which would be nice. It all just depends on what's on the market. Inventory is typically thin this time of year. Hopefully the new year brings new listings, which I guess is normally the case after the holidays.

3. It is very difficult to express the unrelenting intensity of life in the NY region. That's fine up to a point, it keeps things interesting but it's also very draining. The only thing I've seen in UT that remotely resembles it are the skiers on the traverses at AltaBird on a good snow day.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Red Pine condos are nice and they are convenient. Grocery shopping: Kimball Junction (US80 / State 224) for supermarkets, restaurants, a movie theater and even a bowling alley. You pass through Kimball Junction when you exit the freeway on your drive to PC. It is about 5 minutes from your condo. Take the free Park City bus to Old Town Park City (walk from your condo to the 7-11 to pick up the bus).

As for skiing, Canyons/Park City Mountain Resort is great. I know the mountain very well (I try to put in about 60 days/winter at this resort). Post what type of terrain & conditions you are looking for, and I'll give you my 2 cents. Also, if you plan to rent equipment rather than bring your own, I suggest you make reservations online to make sure gear is available for you when you arrive.
awesome. thanks.

question on red pine. say we ski all day, come back and want to go out at night in PC. how easy will it be to get into and around town from there?

bringing my own equipment (we all snowboard) and want to find as many great tree runs as possible!

Old 12-30-2015, 12:54 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
For most visitors, "going out at night in PC" means "going to Old Town (Historic Main Street)http://www.historicparkcityutah.com/." You can either pick up the free bus by walking to the 7 11 (the walk is 5 min), or you can get an Uber or even a Taxi. If you take the bus, it will take you to the transit center and you walk a block to Main Street in Old Town. Main Street is a long street with restaurants, drinking establishments, a state liquor store, art galleries and boutiques etc etc. If you Uber it, ask to be let off at the top so you walk downhill rather than at the bottom where you walk uphill.

Going home in the evening, again you take either Uber or a Taxi or the free bus. It's a piece of cake.

Don't overlook the restaurants in the Canyons plaza area, including The Farm, Drafts Sports Bar (over 20 beers on tap plus another 20 brands in bottles), Edge Steakhouse, and the like.

The bus comes every 15 mins or so -- much more often during Sundance Film Festival

https://www.visitparkcity.com/visito.../free-transit/
https://www.visitparkcity.com/includ...Summer-Map.pdf
https://www.visitparkcity.com/events/winter-calendar/
http://www.parkcity.org/departments/transit-bus

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 12-30-2015 at 01:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area