Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 12:42 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
To my way of thinking 60 inches of snow sounds worse way worse than it is. If you lived in Arizona then you may realize that Flagstaff gets 80 to 100 inches of snow. Way more than SLC.

But even Flagstaff residents don't complain that much about it being "too snowy".

Big fan of the SLC area.
People imagine 60" of snow piled up all winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 10:59 PM

50 posts, read 72,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I agree with the others, I don't think Utah is probably your best choice.

You might consider the area around Las Vegas because of the warm temperatures most of the year or parts of Arizona. Warmer than Utah. Milder winters. Cheaper than southern California.

Would agree... except lived in Vegas for a few years... it's a crime-fest to say the least.

If Vegas wasn't... well... Vegas... I would concur.

Definitely prefer the climate there, or at least the lack of snow. The heat in summer is amazing.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:01 PM

50 posts, read 72,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
What about St George, Utah, for the OP?
Failed for me on close examination... landfill next to the Wal*Mart. That's bogus planning IMHO.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:30 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,045,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisonDeEtre View Post
Failed for me on close examination... landfill next to the Wal*Mart. That's bogus planning IMHO.
The entire concept of civil planning is largely unknown in Utah.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:54 PM

565 posts, read 474,945 times
Salt Lake City offers big city excitement, just on a smaller scale. A police car was burned during a protest on May 30th. Two men have been charged with arson.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:19 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,573,191 times
Salt Lake winters are a breeze compared to winters in Chicago and the rest of the Upper Midwest. It's snowier in Utah, but it is warmer. The snow doesn't stick around long enough to get gross, dirty, and icy. I think that Salt Lake winters are very nice if you still like winter weather but don't want to deal with it so much.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:36 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,045,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Salt Lake winters are a breeze compared to winters in Chicago and the rest of the Upper Midwest. It's snowier in Utah, but it is warmer. The snow doesn't stick around long enough to get gross, dirty, and icy. I think that Salt Lake winters are very nice if you still like winter weather but don't want to deal with it so much.
Exactly! And if you want real winter and snow it's just moments away in the mountains. 2" of snow in the valley often = 2' in the mountains. The contrast is mind boggling. That's one of the region's biggest draws. Of course if you hate, loathe and detest snow then 2" may seem like 2'.

Last edited by kletter1mann; 06-16-2020 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: detail

Old 06-16-2020, 09:23 AM

3,105 posts, read 2,238,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I agree. Winter is the best part of the time in Salt Lake City (except the inversions). Summer aren't too bad - if you can stay out it between 10:30 AM to about 5 PM. The weather is a huge improvement over MidWest or South or NE for that matter. Coastal California is the only place I'd put in the better weather category...

Old 06-16-2020, 08:41 PM

9,380 posts, read 7,003,158 times
The winters are easy peasy and the summers are incredible. The only I wish was we had more Aspen trees like Colorado to give us a more impactful fall. Salt lake is a great place to live and we have a ton of local and regional outdoor activities here.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:33 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,917,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
Salt Lake City offers big city excitement, just on a smaller scale. A police car was burned during a protest on May 30th. Two men have been charged with arson.
Sorry, a car being burned is big city excitement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: