Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 AM
RH1 RH1 started this thread

1,160 posts, read 4,234,491 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I know someone who's going to be in Draper for a few days next week and has a free day. Is there anything interesting to see round there that's within driving-there-and-back-in-a-day distance? With jet lag...

Any recommendations gratefullly received!

Cheers,

R
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 05:16 AM

Of course I'm assuming the Great Salt Lake might be worth a peek...

Old 11-07-2008, 08:00 AM

139 posts, read 501,879 times
Default Anything is an easy day and back drive from Draper...

Temple Square is an interesting place for out of staters.

Park City is a great place to showcase some of Utah's cooler areas, and with the new snow, it'll really start to take on the world class resort look that it is.

You could hit Sundance if you want an earthier ski resort look...personally, I think Sundance is one of the more awe-inspiring locales around, and really really off the radar for most tourists.

Draper is only 20 minutes from downtown SLC, 40 minutes from Park City, 40 minutes from Sundance...

Just my $.02

Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Depending on their interests, Gateway is a walkable outdoor mall made to look like a street. It has a lot of restaurants and a movie theater. Some people enjoy driving around to look at old houses/mansions; the Avenues area is good for that. Restaurants in Park City range from reasonable to loutta sight expensive, same for shops. It's main drag has a quaint old town feel to it. Draper itself isn't too interesting. Provo and BYU are just a short distance away down the interstate to the south. BYU has an art museum. Also Springville has an art museum with a good permanent collection of impressionists (I hear, never been). Remember on Sunday, most everything will be closed except the Gateway and Park City.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamikefoster View Post
Temple Square is an interesting place for out of staters.

Park City is a great place to showcase some of Utah's cooler areas, and with the new snow, it'll really start to take on the world class resort look that it is.

You could hit Sundance if you want an earthier ski resort look...personally, I think Sundance is one of the more awe-inspiring locales around, and really really off the radar for most tourists.

Draper is only 20 minutes from downtown SLC, 40 minutes from Park City, 40 minutes from Sundance...

Just my $.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Depending on their interests, Gateway is a walkable outdoor mall made to look like a street. It has a lot of restaurants and a movie theater. Some people enjoy driving around to look at old houses/mansions; the Avenues area is good for that. Restaurants in Park City range from reasonable to loutta sight expensive, same for shops. It's main drag has a quaint old town feel to it. Draper itself isn't too interesting. Provo and BYU are just a short distance away down the interstate to the south. BYU has an art museum. Also Springville has an art museum with a good permanent collection of impressionists (I hear, never been). Remember on Sunday, most everything will be closed except the Gateway and Park City.
Wow - loads of information - thanks so much to both of you! I've just texted him a summary. He's just getting up, which is kinda weird to me as I'm toying with going home from work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area