Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,256,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotree View Post
I'm also from the Bay Area (San Jose) and will be headed to SLC. I too was pretty curious about the asian population. I'll probably be living in an apartment close to the university since I'll be there for grad school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauka View Post
You will be happily surprised.
Well to be honest, Salt Lake is 3% Asian and San Fran is 33%. I don't know if anyone will be surprised... more like not completely lost?

But a university area is almost always going to be more diverse. Especially in Utah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 PM

128 posts, read 268,146 times
salt lake city is 5% asian, no much of a difference but still I go to the University of Utah and I'm guessing 10% were asian because there was a great amount and you really will be surprised.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 763 times
I am moving to SLC with Family. Looking good Indian neighbor , community or apartment closed to Chipeta Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108

Old 10-27-2015, 05:11 PM

914 posts, read 974,745 times
Downtown there is and also a reasonable size in South Jordan, There are some good Indian restaurants downtown, and south Jordan too. Sth Jordan has a hindu temple(not sure of your faith? eg Sikh,Hindu?

Old 10-27-2015, 08:01 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,833,500 times
My experience is that in this area the Asians seem to intermix with the whites rather than separate themselves off into certain neighborhoods like in California. You'd be hard-pressed to tell the Asians apart from the whites at my work if you were blindfolded.

My (white) sister even got married to a guy from Taiwan this year... don't know if they are an unusual couple or a sign of things to come. I hope so anyway... black, white and yellow dogs can live and play together without issue so why is it so hard for humans to do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area