Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoosh1958 View Post
That was Harmony Science Academy. They are still around--built a brand-new building nearby, on Lakeside Parkway behind the Home Depot. There is a waiting list to attend. They use a lottery system for Kinder because of the number of applicants for that grade.
I was wondering about that building in the back on Cable Ranch Rd. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 10:38 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times
Ok, I didn't have AC when I went to school but we were a lot tougher in those days and mind our teacher and parents. Most of the kids there are so busy texting and talking back to the teacher I am amazed on how greater jobs the teacher do. Evidently, we have to invest in our youth to compete in a high tech world they are entering but I do not think they have taj mahal schools in China, Europe or India. Why burden the retired tax payer who has invested over forty years of paying. How do the fund the schools in those parts of the world

Old 06-28-2010, 11:12 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Link to newly adopted NEISD budget: North East Independent School District (http://www.neisd.net/NEISD_Budget_Info.html - broken link)

Another article on budget, budget cuts: NEISD passes budget, cuts spending by $12M | StoneOakInfo.com

Old 06-28-2010, 01:04 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Ok, I didn't have AC when I went to school but we were a lot tougher in those days and mind our teacher and parents. Most of the kids there are so busy texting and talking back to the teacher I am amazed on how greater jobs the teacher do. Evidently, we have to invest in our youth to compete in a high tech world they are entering but I do not think they have taj mahal schools in China, Europe or India. Why burden the retired tax payer who has invested over forty years of paying. How do the fund the schools in those parts of the world
When the retired tax payer turns 65, then they can apply for the Over 65 exemption that freezes the school tax rate at the current setting. This will stay until they pass away, so building more schools will not cost them anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio