Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,126,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I have lived in at least two homes where at least one of the upper locks was a deadbolt that locked with a key from the inside, and my in-law's current house is like that.

Can you please provide the San Antonio building/fire code that specifies this?
I don't have a link for you but when I hired a home inspector for the home we were thinking of buying (we bought our home in June 2010), he told us that we could have double cylinder deadbolts (locks that have keys on both sides of the lock) on the doors that have windows next to them or are made of windows but could not have double cylinder deadbolts on every door because of fire code, that there needs to be a way out without keys in case of a fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 03:01 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I have lived in at least two homes where at least one of the upper locks was a deadbolt that locked with a key from the inside, and my in-law's current house is like that.

Can you please provide the San Antonio building/fire code that specifies this?

International Residence Code Chapter 3

If you read the whole section it states that door locks must be operable from inside the dwelling without the use of a key.

Most of the US uses the IRC guidelines with a few modifications.

San Antonio is currently using IRC 2009 and has a modifications download online. But this thing with the locks not being keyed on both sides of all the doors is pretty old.

Last edited by RoamingWolves; 06-25-2010 at 03:23 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 08:20 AM

487 posts, read 992,291 times
Wolves, heavens forbid you encounter a special situation in your life when you need someone to use common sense and "make an exception" for you. Just a quick example:
- You a rushing to the emergency room, but a police offices stops you for speeding and delays you 30 precious minutes while he gives you a ticket.

And if you are christian, remember who made the biggest exception for you....if not, nevermind.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 AM

I was answering the post before that asked the code. I understand the occasional need for modifications. My argument was that there are procedures in place to get these modifications within the law and guidelines of the HOA.

Please read the ENTIRE thread before wishing me ill. Its not very christian of you.

Last edited by RoamingWolves; 02-03-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-03-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post
I was answering the post before that asked the code. I understand the occasional need for modifications. My argument was that there are procedures in place to get these modifications within the law and guidelines of the HOA.

Please read the ENTIRE thread before wishing me ill. Its not very christian of you.
Wolves....I never wished you ill. Quite the oposite...I sincerelly hope you never face a situation where you have to face the same inflexibility I thought you were advocating...

Peace, brother...

Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post
I do not think that having a child with a disability is a magic ticket to do whatever you want in the name of the child.

AS I SAID. IF SHE FOLLOWED THE POLICY FOR FILING I SUPPORT HER 100%. If she did not then she deserves the fine and removal if required.

Sometimes the rules are inconvenient.

By the way Wolves, I did read the whole thread, including the quote above. Sorry if I missinterpreted your comment...

Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Its the internet. It happens.

Have a good one.

BTW. does anyone know what ever happened with this? I could not find any follow up on the internet. Different groups were picking the story up into August but no one had anything about what happened after.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 AM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times
For Pete's sake, Wolves, you didn't really expect the local media to follow up on this, did you??? (said sarcastically). I HATE when a story of high local interest (or for that matter, national interest) is highly promoted, then, when the next "ratings worth" story comes out, the one being touted suddenly disappears from the news, with nary a follow up story in site. I have questions about alot of stories I have heard of/followed, and have to go to the internet to see if I can find "the rest of the story".

Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM

I did the search the internet thing and shy of contacting the family directly and asking; I have not been able to read of any resolution in the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio