Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times

Advertisements

Madison/Steele game is being shown again tonight for anyone interested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Yeah I get that. I just didnt think 4a vs'd 5a...........maybe they have and I just never noticed!

Brennan currently has around 900 kids and I am sure it will grow especially since next year they will have a senior class.

It does crack me up though. My graduation class was around 1300...yep one grade.
At a meeting I went to at Brennan with my son the Principal said that enrollment was at 1300 kids right now and that is without a senior class. Wish I could have made the game against Holmes the paper said there was a little over 3000 in attendance. (which is about 2 and half times the population of my home town in upstate NY) The JV and both Freshman teams beat Holmes pretty handily so we have hope for next year. I would have hated to be in the Brennan locker room during halftime of that game or even Monday morning.

Last edited by FutureBrennanDad; 08-29-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Added info

Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 AM

624 posts, read 906,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The biggest game of the season is still the Gucci Bowl on Thursday which will air on the WB. Duh.
The Madison VS Steele drew twice as many spectators over 10,000 duh!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,866 times
I think a normal non-televised game between Madison and Steele would still bring in a large crowd but I do not think it would have been over 10K. The hype they had for being televised nationally and also the fact it was on a Saturday not Thursday like the Gucci bowl helped the crowd size.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:48 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I think a normal non-televised game between Madison and Steele would still bring in a large crowd but I do not think it would have been over 10K. The hype they had for being televised nationally and also the fact it was on a Saturday not Thursday like the Gucci bowl helped the crowd size.
Gucci Bowl is always on Thursday. It's the first game of each team's season since it's non-district. There's no way, unless either team has national recruited players, that it would be that big.I sure hope, BillyH understood my sarcasm.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
After the Madison/Steele game, Madison has moved to the #1 spot in local ranking. Should be a another good game when Madison plays Kerrville Tivy this Friday

Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 AM

624 posts, read 906,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Gucci Bowl is always on Thursday. It's the first game of each team's season since it's non-district. There's no way, unless either team has national recruited players, that it would be that big.I sure hope, BillyH understood my sarcasm.
No I didn't sorry, I have had friends attend both those schools years ago. I know it's a big game and a tradition for those two schools but being non district as you stated the out come doesn't really matter. The Chile Bowl between Fox Tech and Lanier drew huge crowds even if they both had terrible records. I think the big games are between the undefeated teams or district titles on the line or the playoffs in general.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyH View Post
No I didn't sorry, I have had friends attend both those schools years ago. I know it's a big game and a tradition for those two schools but being non district as you stated the out come doesn't really matter. The Chile Bowl between Fox Tech and Lanier drew huge crowds even if they both had terrible records. I think the big games are between the undefeated teams or district titles on the line or the playoffs in general.
As a Clark Alum, I'm all for Gucci hype. I get it, I understand it. No matter how bad either team or how little bearing it has on the outcome of district/bi district state championships is it will still continue to be a "big game." It's just a different type of "big." Big in tradition or big in attendence. It's still going to be big.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:16 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
High School Football is pretty big here, I am reletively new to the area, and I hear a lot of people at work talking about it.

That being said, I graduated from a High School that has a 22K+ stadium for Football on their property, with another school 8 miles away that has a 19K stadium, so, my hometown and surrounding area is huge into High School Football as well.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:04 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
Ion, where are you from? That sounds exactly where I grew up!! I miss that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio