Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times

Advertisements

in regards to the nice heb pictures....thats what potranco has. Ok, yes it has clothes too. Do I plan to shop for clothes there? No. But I can walk past it.

The one thing I wish they would have left alone was the Texas Outdoor. I loved it the way it was. I do not like how they redid it but it won't keep me from going there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 05:13 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
That is the one on Basse and Broadway, but it was remodeled a year ago.
http://voices.mysanantonio.com/notfromhere/2009/05/30/MML%20Pics%20003.jpg (broken link)
You can see the sushi bar and the cooking connection station.
It's a bit smaller because it's an old albertsons not a new big box in the suburbs.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:27 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
This is the way I feel: if I want to shop for garden stuff like soil, garden hose, fertilizer; or clothes, or pots, pans, plates, or toaster and stuff - I don't want to shop for it at HEB. Those items took already way too much shelf space, while grocery selection seems shrink every time I go there.
If HEB wants to be like Target or Walmart, then they should divide the store like the others did. That way customers would have a choice to steer away from sections and items they do not intend to buy there.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
That is the one on Basse and Broadway, but it was remodeled a year ago.

You can see the sushi bar and the cooking connection station.
It's a bit smaller because it's an old albertsons not a new big box in the suburbs.
I think you are messing up my mind
I just shop at that store last Saturday... and see nothing like that there...
Now, I am going there again - and make pictures. Depends on the results, I might need to find me a nice nursing home with Alzheimer's unit

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 PM

522 posts, read 1,132,761 times
oh man... i finally went to the heb on potranco. the bulk is indeed gone along with the grind your own peanutbutter. that indeed makes me extremely dissatisfied i love that stuff, are there any other stores near by that do that?

i liked heb more than the other big box "grocery" store mostly because they bothered to stock a decent variety of groceries. not everything i liked, but a good variety. i'm with elnina, i don't want heb to turn into another walmart. where the grocery and produce are boiled down to a hand full of options, and the rest of the store is ~everything else~.

while i understand the sentiment that business needs to cater to the clientele, turning your store into something that's not worthwhile doesn't seem to do them any favors either. though that's just my opinion.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
The one on Bandera & 1604 still has the bins as of yesterday, but they no longer have dried cherries. The guy said it was gone for 6 months or so.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:40 PM

7 posts, read 16,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post
oh man... i finally went to the heb on potranco. the bulk is indeed gone along with the grind your own peanutbutter. that indeed makes me extremely dissatisfied i love that stuff, are there any other stores near by that do that?

i liked heb more than the other big box "grocery" store mostly because they bothered to stock a decent variety of groceries. not everything i liked, but a good variety. i'm with elnina, i don't want heb to turn into another walmart. where the grocery and produce are boiled down to a hand full of options, and the rest of the store is ~everything else~.

while i understand the sentiment that business needs to cater to the clientele, turning your store into something that's not worthwhile doesn't seem to do them any favors either. though that's just my opinion.
In order to please the palate of our "foodie" four year old, I actually spent time tracking it down - Lincoln Heights still has it. Not sure about Bandera and 1604 or the big store off I-10. Central Market on Broadway no longer carries it.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:04 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,165 times
So there is a Plus going up on 410 near 151 and Marbach. Is it fated to start big and go down hill. It's not in the 19.99 Rogue Valley Blue cheese demographic.

Same with what's going up on Babcock and Huebner. The folks who shop across the street are pretty grim.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 PM

161 posts, read 360,514 times
The 410 & Marbach store looks decent, but I made the mistake of going 3 days after it opened. It looked like Black Friday at Walmart and the entire inner west side showed up.

It'll be nice after the newness and the specials wear off, I'm sure. Until, I'm still making the trip to Potranco.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:17 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budjb View Post
The 410 & Marbach store looks decent, but I made the mistake of going 3 days after it opened. It looked like Black Friday at Walmart and the entire inner west side showed up.

It'll be nice after the newness and the specials wear off, I'm sure. Until, I'm still making the trip to Potranco.

I think it was crazy for them to put that at Marbach and 151. Shoud've put it further north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio