Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times

Advertisements

My family and I love Steak N Shake! Great place to eat...although definitely have to stop and eat it there instead of driving while you eat. It's a bit of nostalgia combined with good food. Go for the shakes...stay for the food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 02:37 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,315 times
Well, I've never been to a Steak n Shake that had waitstaff....
There were plenty of them in Ohio....
I occasionally have to go to Austin for work, and I stop at the one on I-35 on the way home.
They are just as delicious as always....

I DO like Freddy's, over at the Forum also....
Of course, alas------ nothing will ever come near to an In N Out Double Double.....

Oh, another thing I saw up in Austin that I miss very much is Boston Market ..... mmmmm.... getting hungry here now.....

Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,869 times
I love me some Steak n Shake! It would be nice to get one here in SA or at least a little closer than south Austin.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
tcs

218 posts, read 877,220 times
We have them here in Arlington and they are okay, not a big deal. Now you guys need a Babes Chicken, now that is a destination place to eat.
www.babeschicken.com.

I know this is a SA only forum, dont throw me under the bus.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
TCS, I think it's one of those things where, when you don't have something you WANT it, and want it bad. And then when you have it...well it's no biggie. Like when my family and I lived in Florida. We lived a few miles from Disney World. Could go there everyday if we wanted to. It was about a 15 minute drive. But after awhile it lost it's magic and it was just a theme park. No big deal.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
I love me some Steak n Shake! It would be nice to get one here in SA or at least a little closer than south Austin.
If they've built in Austin, chances are Steak-N-Shake could well be coming to your area. Stay tuned. It's doing well in D/FW, so I think it will be a hit in SA.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs View Post
We have them here in Arlington and they are okay, not a big deal. Now you guys need a Babes Chicken, now that is a destination place to eat.
www.babeschicken.com.

I know this is a SA only forum, dont throw me under the bus.

ahhhh, YIKES... did they overtake Grandy's Chicken??

gawd, I LOVE Grandy's.....

Old 12-18-2007, 01:45 AM

10 posts, read 46,182 times
Default Steak N Shake coming to San Antonio (supposedly)

I'm from Ohio and used to eat at Steak N Shake quite often. Last January or so, my friends and I traveled to Austin to eat at the one in South Austin off I-35.

We asked the manager when or if they would open a franchise in San Antonio. We were told that one was scheduled to open in January, 2008 somewhere downtown, but I forget exactly where.

Lets hope that this is indeed true, because I don't want to have to travel to Austin to get those steakburgers and yummy shakes!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:06 AM
tcs

218 posts, read 877,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
ahhhh, YIKES... did they overtake Grandy's Chicken??

gawd, I LOVE Grandy's.....
There is no comparison, Babes Chicken is great. During a dinner service the wait staff dances the Hoky Poky, the place has a lot of atmosphere. When you are finished you know that you have eaten.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbeach View Post
I'm from Ohio and used to eat at Steak N Shake quite often. Last January or so, my friends and I traveled to Austin to eat at the one in South Austin off I-35.

We asked the manager when or if they would open a franchise in San Antonio. We were told that one was scheduled to open in January, 2008 somewhere downtown, but I forget exactly where.

Lets hope that this is indeed true, because I don't want to have to travel to Austin to get those steakburgers and yummy shakes!
Well, that's very interesting, because on the last round of Steak N Shake posts, I actually called their HQ offices (forget now where they're located)...
I left a message, never expecting they'd actually call back, but they DID....

and, they - sadly - told me NO PLANS FOR SAN ANTONIO IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE....

this was just within the past couple of months.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio