Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,024 times

Advertisements

I was reading my daughters FB page and I see a post from one of her friends that goes to Brandeis, asking if everyone is really going to be absent from school on the 12th... There are rumors spreading like crazy that this "wolf pack" is planning something for either the 12th or 13th... Something big at school... But nobody is saying what... Then another kid comes on saying she knows them and they are planning "something big" for the game on Friday against Bradeis & O'Connor...

When I was talking to DH on the phone and telling him about the FB post he asked if I had seen the following story that over 1000 kids were absent today... 250 from Brandeis... 800 from O'Connor... All because of rumors being spread that something may or may not be planned by the wolf packs...

It is so scary and sad to think that something may or may not happen because of these suicides... Sure, the district says it's all rumors, but who can be positive...

Tweets, texts spread rumors at NISD schools, causing panic | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,168 times
With all the police that are present at a football game they would have a hard time pulling anything off I would imagine. Doesn't mean one wouldn't be foolish enough to try however.

Scary thought. I don't know how as a parent you decide what to believe and what not to believe to keep your kid safe sometimes!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,403,213 times
Wow. Just another reason for me to think about homeschooling my kids. I mean, at this stage of the game, can you really argue that they'd be missing out on "real life" experiences and socialization?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,923 times
Can someone please tell me what the Wolf Pack is ? Our Son is in College and prior to that he attended Catholic Schools. I don't know any High School aged kids whether a Relative or Neighbor that attend School(s) in the NSISD.
I guess I'm out of the Loop.
Thank you

Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Can someone please tell me what the Wolf Pack is ? Our Son is in College and prior to that he attended Catholic Schools. I don't know any High School aged kids whether a Relative or Neighbor that attend School(s) in the NSISD.
I guess I'm out of the Loop.
Thank you
WG... The wolf pack is a group of kids who feel that they are part human/part wolf... Outside of school they wear tails, fangs, contact lenses to mimic wolf eyes, collars, leashes, etc... They howl and for whatever reason just feel that they can relate more to being wolves than human...

I wish I had more info, but I am just as confused by it all as you are...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
WG... The wolf pack is a group of kids who feel that they are part human/part wolf... Outside of school they wear tails, fangs, contact lenses to mimic wolf eyes, collars, leashes, etc... They howl and for whatever reason just feel that they can relate more to being wolves than human...

Sounds like they read the Twilight saga one too many times. LOL

Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post

WTF? I'm sorry but that is strange to say the least. How long has this been going on and is it just a San Antonio thing? I obviously need to pay better attention to the kids and maybe see more movies (if this is where it all came from)

To make lite of this..... Has anyone contacted the Dog Whisperer?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:

To make lite of this..... Has anyone contacted the Dog Whisperer?
I nearly soiled my armor over that one!

Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
Quote:
WTF? I'm sorry but that is strange to say the least. How long has this been going on and is it just a San Antonio thing? I obviously need to pay better attention to the kids and maybe see more movies (if this is where it all came from)
We had a thread on it last spring.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...h-schools.html

Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,418 times
School is just an outlet for kids' craziness or it drives kids crazy. I don't understand this obsession people have with sending their kids to "school".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio