Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:55 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times

Advertisements

Soviet...ah've GOT ta tip mah stetson to ya, son - in one fell swoop, you not only made yourself a target for every female that reads your comments, but you've also exposed yourself as the young, inexperienced and obviously painfully juvenile that you are. That's not meant as a "dig", but as an observation - because no man could ever seriously make those kinds of comments. With all due respect, it's a constant source of amazement to me that women put up with the kind of guff most of us guys give 'em, all because of their love for us.
When you mature and have a *good* woman of your own, you'll come to appreciate everything they do for their man. My wife constantly amazes me with the things she does day in and day out without giving it a thought. It actually took me putting my foot down and insisting that my shirts go to the cleaners for laundering - she wanted to iron them herself, insisting it was "her job" - and yet as a teacher, she easily spent 14 hours+ a day on school-related work! I finally convinced her to retire this year after 29 years - and frankly, I don't know how she did it that long. I would NEVER attempt to say she's somehow undeserving of ANYTHING - and even now that she's retired, she easily works as hard as I do each and every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
It's cheaper to keep her.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:11 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
You've never met my ex.....

Old 10-24-2010, 11:18 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I have one question. If a married couple is married for a long time, and the guy is the one who had been working all marriage long for the money, for the house, for everything that they've built together....why should the woman get 50%? Especially if she didn't work for it, aside from being a mother and homemaker?

50% seems to be way too high in those situations. I imagine that if she was just a mom and a homemaker, she should get 10-25% or so. But not 50%.

IF, on the other hand, if the wife had been an equal or greater earner, then it should be 50% or higher for her.

And of course, if the man wasn't working, but the wife was, then she gets most of the property and the money. It goes both ways.

That's just my opinion. Anyone disagree?
I agree with Neshomamench on this one. It's about what the wife had to give up. A stay-at-home wife (or husband) has to give up having a career and making money for themselves for a 24/7 job that pays nothing. Stay-at-home parents are cooks, housekeepers, babysitters, nurses, tutors, personal assistants, chauffeurs, and sometimes even money managers. Just think of how much you would have to pay in wages to someone or a few people to do all of that. If the breadwinner has a really good lawyer, the homemaker often ends up with little even though they'll continue to be full-time parents. The homemaker is left looking for a job often without an education or little work experience. I know this woman who is struggling to pay her bills while her ex-husband is living in Stone Oak with his new family. She gave up a lot.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Talked to the ex wife today, who knows Yuchnitz's wife....she laughed and said that his outfits have nothing on hers. Supposedly quite a character herself. I've never met her, so I'm not saying more.......

Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
OK, just an old joke; but a good one....

Ya know why divorces are so expensive?

Because they're worth it!

Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
I am not going to give an opinion but the theory and it is a sound legal theory(among many) is, by being mom/homeaker/whatever, she gave up on the chance to earn/get educated/whatever.

in other words, the way the law often sees it isnt about what she did or didnt contribute to the marriage but what she (could) gave up. Had she not been the "other" half of said marriage she could/would have done _____.... and you are, in part, compensating her for that lost opportunity/time.
Hmmm, I see. That actually makes quite a bit of sense. I guess it's a valid policy after all.

As for all the other comments, I'm really, really sorry to have offended anyone. My childhood/adolescence consisted of being raised by a mom & dad who worked too much (50-70 hour weeks) and a grandmother. Obviously, my mom didn't do much housework, and it was my grandmother who kept the house running, with my help doing shopping and stuff. And the reason I guess I said that all the errands a wife has to do didn't seem like too much is because my grandma always had time to relax and watch TV/read for a long time. But that's because she had the help of BOTH my parents and myself, whereas a mother typically has the help of only her husband, and even then.....sometimes he's not very helpful at all.

So, again, I apologize for my seeming offensiveness, I honestly didn't mean it at all, I just wanted a concrete answer to my question, and I've gotten it. Very satisfied with it.

And no, I've never lived with a woman, so obviously I am "naive", but I do all my laundry and ironing and errands myself. Haha.

Thanks for the answers, everyone, hope y'all have a great day!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:31 AM

Well, the good news is that the Marbach location is lit up as usual, to include the firework lights that I so enjoy when I pass by them every morning! Yuchnitz' smiling mug is also on the electronic display, hocking his $39.95 glasses!

I guess if the business is in his wife's name, it most likely will continue. It'll be interesting to see if the old commercials will continue, or they'll get a new spokesman. That'll be a tough transition as the business is pretty much tied to his marketing pitch...

Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 AM

Ironically, I remember a previous discussion on Yuchnitz almost three years ago to the day, check out post #48:

Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
HA HA HA, Mike Yuchnitz! That dude is just GROSS. He lives in Oak Hills in this big ol' ranch that reads "YUCKNITZ" on a huge plaque over the front door, tacky-as-hell, with a speed boat and a few Hummers parked out front. He's the textbook cokehead topless-joint regular. But judging by his latest commercials, he might have switched to Xanax, as he's become VERY low-key as opposed to his older hyped-up commercials. If you really watch his newer commericals, it's quite obvious he's screwy on something, if you catch my drift...He's a local TV classic!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:55 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Ironically, I remember a previous discussion on Yuchnitz almost three years ago to the day, check out post #48:
Yeah. He lives in Oak Hills which is the same neighborhood I live in. As I stated before I always wondered where all those cars came from. I didn't really know who he was until someone posted the news article with the street name.

His house really does stand out from the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. Think Pablo Escobar's "Hacienda Napoles" but on a smaller scale. It is probably worth over $500K with the pools, tennis courts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio