Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,284 times

Advertisements

I posted this a while back on a similar thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/2398797-post2.html

I don't consider the devil to be a ghost...so I will post this here:
I did some summer dock labor work at the San Antonio Produce Terminal market on Zarzamora st during the mid 80's.
I began to hear references from different people from different produce companies about "the spark man" which was considered to be the devil.
The story I could gather from mulitple sources is as follows:

In the 1960's a at West Coast produce, a stranger came walking down the dock in the very early morning hours(it was still dark out). It was a tall man....and he had a dark cape which was just barely toucing the ground as he walked. From underneath the cape...sparks came out as he walked. All work ceased as he came down the docks from warehouse to warehouse. Everyone followed him and began to shout it was the devil. The workers followed him until he walked into a cold storage room...one with 12 in thick walls...and only one way in and out. The dock manager was the only one brave enough to investigate. He went in the room..and the spark man had vanished.

Many workers immediately left work, retreating into the local ice house and church. Some of the workers refused to return to work until a priest had blessed the warehouse. I heard Patick Flores was just another priest at the time and did the blessing.

That is the story I heard from a least a dozen old timers, many claimed to have seen it with their own eyes. Anyone every heard of anything like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times
I've heard about that story, too. I also heard that people shouted that it was the devil.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:59 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Creepy.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM

46 posts, read 120,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
There are tons of believers in San Antonio when it comes to the paranormal especially Mexican witchcraft, also known as brujeria, there is the legend of the lechuza, a witch who can turn into an owl. Some of us truly believe in this and few persons in my family have seen them. Few in my family have also been involved in witchcraft themselves.
That made the hair on my neck stand up. What have you actually seen?

And the story about "Sparky," (can I call him sparky?) That is creepy and just don't make sense. Sparks don't seem too hard to duplicate, though. Sparklers maybe, tied to the end of a cape. Can't explain the disappearing, but perhaps something logical. Perhaps a disgruntled employee ditching work in style. Kinda like the Jet Blue guy ...

So, did I read it right? San Antonio is the most haunted city in the US? Most everything I've heard here so far can be explained away logically and scientifically. I am wondering if anyone has experienced anything first hand beyond explanation, here in San Antonio?

Last edited by chasells1; 10-26-2010 at 10:19 PM..

Old 10-26-2010, 11:23 PM

If I were to mention some of the things I have seen many would question my sanity. Still I have seen nothing truly horrible as what my family has seen or has claimed to have seen.

I will give one example to show how tame some of the stuff I have seen is. When working at a site at Kelly USA I always used to feel something staring at me when I walked down this certain corridor. It was a long corridor, bare, empty, it had one water fountain and two doors on each side, one for the men's room the other for the ladies.

Only one other person I know about had felt this that worked there and while discussing it with a coworker they stated they just never felt anything at all. Well we began discussing the water and they told me they never drink it but always brought their own. I told them that was a pretty good idea since I read a few years back that there were higher incidences of cancer in the area and we suspected it was the soil and it was seeping into the water.

I told him I brought one water bottle and then would fill up at the water fountain to be more economical. Then it dawned on me what me and the other person were sensing. It was nothing like a ghost, or anything that was once alive, it was the slow death that water fountain offered. It was an ecological entity. The toxins in the water supply. We were being sensitive to that.

Well as you can see this is all highly anecdotal. Has the water actually been tested in that certain water fountain to prove my theory true? No. But I never felt anything after that day and well it could very well be my mind.

I saw a demon in someone at church once. I took it as a sign to pray for them. Shadow people at home and other shadow entities. But then again there could be many explanations and none paranormal. Still we believe what we believe.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
The weird thing I've ever seen was this ghost-like cat I could see running back and forth on a CCTV. No pets were allowed in the building, so I went to check it out. Everyone was asleep and I didn't see anything. I came back downstairs and continued to see this weird creature running around. The residents had been telling the building was haunted because it used to be an insane asylum. I usually don't believe in that stuff though. I'm a see it to believe it kind of person and I haven't seen anything extremely weird yet. That cat could've been one of the monster rats I constantly heard running in the ceiling.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:48 AM

OMG.

I did not mention it but I and others have seen these things on CCTV as well. I did not believe them at first. One was of a girl like figure just standing outside but when someone went there they could not see anything, they even stood in the exact spot or near it while the anomaly was still on camera.

Then they would describe animal like creatures and I was like OK whatever until I finally saw one myself. It was like a huge cat, it had the stride of one, it scaled a fence then ran across the grass and up a tree, but it had no normal color to it, it looked more like the alien from the Predator series.

If just an anomaly it had the perfect movements for a large cat and followed a pattern that a living creature would and not some random blob on camera that goes just any which way. Coincidence and perhaps it was just an electronic blob but it was shaped and moved like a cat.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
At least I know I'm not the only one and it was on Halloween night too. I only described it as a cat because that's what it most closely resembled. It didn't actually look exactly like a cat or any animal for that matter. It looked more like how a child would draw a cat. It was completely black and almost looked 2 dimensional, but it was running back and forth just like a cat.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:01 AM

I have seen blobs too that just randomly float, so you can tell the difference. Still Halloween night for you, it looked like Predator-type camouflage for me, no one is going to believe us lol but yeah.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
This thread is giving me the heebie-jeebies as I work my lonely night away. Thanks, guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio