Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,109 times

Advertisements

Your Landlord is not in the Tattoo and Eyewear Business is he????

My mistake for asking........ Mike's businesses are failing so he needs all the money he can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 11:47 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,412,885 times
When a home is in foreclosure, it has to go through an entire process, so nothing will state that it is owned by anyone else except the current owner until that process is complete. Find out through SABOR's property search who is selling the property (if there are no signs on the property, that is). Contact them and let them know you are the owner's tenant in another property and that you need to speak with the owner as soon as possible.

Other than that, definitely put your finances together, open an account solely for your rent payments, and get ready to move if you need to at the end of your lease.

Sorry that happened to you.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:21 PM

93 posts, read 197,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
When a home is in foreclosure, it has to go through an entire process, so nothing will state that it is owned by anyone else except the current owner until that process is complete. Find out through SABOR's property search who is selling the property (if there are no signs on the property, that is). Contact them and let them know you are the owner's tenant in another property and that you need to speak with the owner as soon as possible.

Other than that, definitely put your finances together, open an account solely for your rent payments, and get ready to move if you need to at the end of your lease.

Sorry that happened to you.
The red flag that comes up as to whether or not the house is in the process of foreclosure is that his personal residence was sold with a broker, not through foreclosure. The good news is that our lease is month to month and the advice I was given from a lawyer was put the rent from November in savings and look for a new house. We paid one month rent as a deposit that is supposed to be refunded when we move out. I am going to send a certified letter to our landlord, return receipt tomorrow stating that we have tried to contact him, found out that his house has been sold and that we are needing him to contact us. Then, if he does contact us, we'll tell him we're moving, and if he doesn't contact us, we'll send another letter, return receipt letting him know where we are moving to, and if he wants the keys to the house and his rent to contact us. I have a feeling that we may not hear from him at all! It's a really, really strange situation.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
Wonder if you could file a "missing person" report w/the PD?

Old 12-05-2010, 12:42 PM

I did a lookup of his now disconnected cell number, because I knew he did foundation repair, and his business name was "Tony's Foundation"....but of course, all I can find is the business has an A- rating by the BBB. That's it. No address, nothing. GRRR!!!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:51 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,674 times
Can you find out who the broker was of the house that was sold? Maybe they have some insight as to the situation?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
Can you find out who the broker was of the house that was sold? Maybe they have some insight as to the situation?
I'm working on that. I have a friend who is in real estate. All I can find is that the listing has been removed. Of course, because it was sold!

Old 12-05-2010, 01:13 PM

165 posts, read 464,065 times
Have you contacted the listing agent, Tom Guajardo? Perhaps he has some insight.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesmic View Post
Have you contacted the listing agent, Tom Guajardo? Perhaps he has some insight.
I don't know if he is the listing agent or not.

OK, I'm not sure how you figured that out, but sure enough, he was. I've e-mailed him to see if he knows what the situation is or has any contact information! Thank you so much!!!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM

165 posts, read 464,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Harmann View Post
I don't know if he is the listing agent or not.

OK, I'm not sure how you figured that out, but sure enough, he was. I've e-mailed him to see if he knows what the situation is or has any contact information! Thank you so much!!!
Figured it out by seeing what the name of the guy was of the company you posted. Checked BCAD for properties in his name and then googled the address I found for him. I could probably tell you the address you live at...

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio