Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,434 times

Advertisements

I recieved a 2nd speeding ticket while on defered ajudication would it be cheaper to contact a laywer or pay the fines on the defered ajudication and ask for defensive driving on the 2nd ticket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 AM

56 posts, read 117,911 times
You can only do D.D. once a year I believe, and you still have to pay what ends up being about 50-75% of what the ticket would have cost anyway.. just don't get the points. Pay it and be careful out there. I've only gotten 1 since I've been here which isnt bad considering I drive all day.
From what I understand , what I call the 'fake cities' or 'neighborhoods with superiority complexes' are the most dangerous for ticketing (Alamo Heights, Leon Valley, Windcrest, Hill Country Villiage, etc... I got my 50 in a 35 in H.C.V and thought it was total BS that road was a 35)

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
With all due respect, what's so hard about obeying the speed limit, and if you don't just acknowledging that ya screwed up? Whether you agree w/a posted speed or not, it's posted and therefore enforceable. Yes, some of the limits may seem low, but it's a perogative of the municipality to establish their speed limits on intracity roads. If you don't like 'em, don't go there.
Do I get tickets? Sure I do....ain't gonna claim otherwise. Then again, I average 40k miles/year, and get a ticket maybe every 2 years - so I try to be careful, but understand sometimes things just happen. Flip side is that I've also been let go with just warnings, often in the same "fake cities" that were cited.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
here we go again.

Good luck, OP. Hope whichever decision you make works out the best. Just remember, these municipalities are ONLY looking out for your safety when writing these ticket$. They really, really care.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:45 AM

15 posts, read 19,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
here we go again.

Good luck, OP. Hope whichever decision you make works out the best. Just remember, these municipalities are ONLY looking out for your safety when writing these ticket$. They really, really care.
......................About taking your money!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:49 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
I thought the way I understood deferred adjudication was that if you got a ticket for the same thing again during your probation period you were then on the hook for both (the way the judge explained it to me several years ago when I got probation) so while you might be able to take defensive driving for one, you are still nailed for the other one.

LOL sapphire, I am so tempted to comment on your post but we know these traffic ticket posts always spin out of control so I'll let it go.

EDIT: too late!! someone else took the bait.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
yes, the revenue generators, I mean traffic cops, only work to keep us safe... they especially care on the last few days of the month because they're born with this caring gene that kicks into high gear during those last couple days. It's pretty strange how that is almost always the case in every city..

and to keep this at least a little on topic.. yes you can get away with two in a year. My son did it, but I'm sure that is not always the case. Best bet is to hire an expert to handle it for you. I'm sure the OP's mailbox is full of offers...

Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Make up your minds, either the SAPD doesn't enforce traffic laws enough, or their huge revenue generators; but they can't be both.

However, I'm sure everyone agrees that nobody breaks the law on our roads or should be held accountable for doing so! It's always the police officer's fault for doing his/her job!

Good luck with the lawyer, but if justice is truly served you should not only have to pay the full fine for the second ticket but the first one as well! The whole point of deferred adjudication is that you obey the law during the period you are on it!

Of course, I'm sure neither ticket was your fault!

Old 03-28-2011, 04:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
believe it or not, cops here will lie.. saw it with my own eyes and had to pay the bribe to get it taken care of. Shouldn't really be surprising in the slightest bit either...

Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Make up your minds, either the SAPD doesn't enforce traffic laws enough, or their huge revenue generators; but they can't be both.

However, I'm sure everyone agrees that nobody breaks the law on our roads or should be held accountable for doing so! It's always the police officer's fault for doing his/her job!

Good luck with the lawyer, but if justice is truly served you should not only have to pay the full fine for the second ticket but the first one as well! The whole point of deferred adjudication is that you obey the law during the period you are on it!

Of course, I'm sure neither ticket was your fault!
The revenue generators mentioned in this thread are not SAPD, but the small cities attached to San Antonio.

SAPD is quite the opposite when it comes to traffic enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio