Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM

21 posts, read 29,325 times

Advertisements

Wow. I love this topic! I live off Braun/1604 area and when you go east on Braun to get onto 1604 N the LEFT LANE is the ony lane that you can turn onto 1604 from. Well.. legally anyway. Well I see about 2 people per day creating their own turning lane out of the middle lane and also turning onto 1604.. Unbenounced to the driver that is using the correct lane and may need to pull into the gas station there.. it causes a near collision EVERY time! This happened to me the other day and I was nearly side swiped by a jack ***** that didn't want to wait in line like everyone else. I honked and may OR may not have given him the middle finger. Well he then gets mad at me (for what.. I am unsure of) Throws up all kinds of crazyness and screams and also throws a bag of trash out his window at me. Ahhh I wish there could have been a cop there at that time! That would have been like 3 tickets!! Not that I was counting! Maybe I was out of line for honking but man nothing torks me off more then that intersection!!!!!!! It really pisses me off when people try to bypass waiting in line like you are supposed to. Because then they just waste more of my time by cutting over in front of everyone that is doing the right thing. I don't know. Anyway, ugh, I just had to vent!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
yeah georgiapeach3, unfortunately our area is chock full of turds like that.... but it's okay! Karma will work it's wonder on 'em!

I can vouch for you on the road situation there... it's ridiculous.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM

796 posts, read 1,843,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post
discussed ad nauseum.

sa has some seriously bad drivers (accompanied with rampant drunk driving and constantly changing/bad roadways), but i've heard from several unrelated sources that florida is pretty bad as well.
I think Miami drivers are way worse than SA drivers...now, the SA roads are seriously bad!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
I think Miami drivers are way worse than SA drivers...now, the SA roads are seriously bad!
Yep, spent some time in Miami last summer. Drivers there (and in most of Florida) are much worse than San Antonio...

Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM

282 posts, read 472,164 times
I wouldn't say worst but I will say this. I have never seen anybody come to a complete stop on a yield sign at the turnarounds on the frontage roads until I moved to SA...even if they have their own lane for accelerating.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Harmann View Post
My parents live in Waco, and I absolutely hate the drive on 35 between Temple and Waco. It's 2 lanes, filled with idiots. Coming back Saturday afternoon, a guy is driving along with a trailer filled with stuff (and a tarp covering it) going 60 in the left lane. Of course, in the right lane are semis, and all the while, I was praying that I didn't hit anyone or get hit. Then after I got past that one, there was another....and another....and another. Thankfully, I made it past there, but everytime I drive up there, I want to scream!
Why not take 281 to Highway 84 to Waco?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:54 AM

93 posts, read 197,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Why not take 281 to Highway 84 to Waco?
I may start doing that. This trip, we were in New Braunfels for my daughter's Kindermusik class, so it made the most sense to go up that way. Coming back, it was habit. I may need to change that habit so I can survive.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:58 AM

208 posts, read 382,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by &heart View Post
I wouldn't say worst but I will say this. I have never seen anybody come to a complete stop on a yield sign at the turnarounds on the frontage roads until I moved to SA...even if they have their own lane for accelerating.
so true with the right hand land of grissom onto bandera . NO reason to stop as nothing feeds into that lane for 300+ feet except cars merging from grissom onto bandera .

Old 03-07-2012, 09:49 AM

381 posts, read 768,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Buford View Post
Yes, SAT has the most discourteous drivers I have ever seen. Extremely selfish. I've never seen so many people actually RACE for the next red light so the person next to them doesn't cut them off. People acting like High Schoolers with rice burners and nitro. I've already seen someone smash their brand new car with the temp paper license plate into the car in front of them because they were trying to cut in front of a pickup. So many idiots on these local roads.

People need time management skills. If you're always late in the morning get up earlier moron.

My family has witnessed this same behavior in many other aspects. People cutting each other off to get in the checkout line at grocery stores or amusement parks.

Moderator cut: off-topic
I Agree 200% with this statement! Rude and crazy drivers out number the good drivers here by a great number!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
/rant mode on.

What is with the disproportionate number of drunk drivers in San Antonio?!? I have lived here for around two years now, and this city has more drunk driving accidents and fatalities than any other place I have lived. This includes larger metropolitan areas like Seattle, WA and Washington D.C. It is a local culture thing? I don't seem to see any more alcohol consumption than other, local metro areas like Austin, DFW, and Houston, but hear way more about wrong way drivers, drunks hitting stopped/disabled vehicles, and hitting stopped police cars with the lights on. There is nothing more irresponsible or selfish than the decision to drive drunk. While you may not give a damn about your personal safety, you also care nothing for the innocent other drivers and their passengers on the road. A close second are the idiots texting and driving. This is illegal in San Antonio, but every single day on my commute from Boerne to downtown and back, I see at least 15-20 people, the large majority of them female, driving but paying no attention to the road while they steer with their knees using both hands to text and looking down at their phones.

SAPD needs to do more to enforce both the DUI and texting laws. I know the city is installing flashing lights on off ramps, doppler radar to identify people entering the highways going the wrong way, etc. but more needs to be done. Most incidents occur between 10pm-6am, so increase patrols. Or, here's a novel idea, take calls from motorists reporting drunks seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio