Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 AM

381 posts, read 768,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the tip baby View Post
LOL

Are you serious?

That is what he means by boring. You have to travel to other cities. Yes, San Antonio is not boring when you drive a few hours and leave to another city but come on man..seaworld, natural parks...caves? Yea, those sure are not boring.

San Antonio is fun if you like to eat food, drink beer, watch the spurs games and watch the cowboys train pre season...

wooooppps, Cowboys left so I guess cross that off the list.

NBA lockout right now

So San Antonio currently is just food and beer.
What YOU consider boring may not be for some people. I like it just fine here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM

74 posts, read 148,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralou View Post
You are right because in So-Cal there are plenty of places to go for outdoor activities and other entertainment which aren't cheap. Sometimes you need to look outside the box and see what other places have to offer. So-Cal has a very high forclosure rate and its sad to see how many people have lost their homes. Texas has a homestead act that help people protect their homes the only problems I have seen are when people don't pay their HOA fees. In San Antonio you could get a mansion for 300k in So-Cal you can get a shack or a forclosure If you lucky. I have been to So-Cal and their traffic is outrageous so much so that I vowed never to complain about our traffic. It's true you have to drive a great distance to get somewhere but at least you can afford to do it. The weather is bad here but no city is perfect.
As I said before. To each their own. I still love So Cal, but many hate it. Just like any other place in the world. Some love certain places some hate them.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM

7 posts, read 23,328 times
California, SoCal specifically, has so much to offer. The highways system in San Antonio is poor! The 1604 is a joke all around.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 PM

87 posts, read 220,184 times
I lived in the San Fernando Valley from age 12 until I was 20 years old. Went to Jr. High, HIgh School and a year of college. Since then, I've lived in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina- then moved to Texas. First McAllen, now San Antonio. Most of my perceptions of fun were developed when I lived in Southern California....and I can tell you, as a person that lived there, we didn't do anything different from what people do all over the country. We went to restaurants, went to the movies, went to bars. Did the bowling thing, did the ice skating thing...all things that can be done in SA as well. Went to the beach- which, for me was a bit over an hour drive if we went to Malibu, less if we went to Santa Monica- but I wouldn't trade the Gulf of Mexico for the Pacific Ocean at all...granted SPI is probably the only beach I would go to in Texas, but overall it's still better (and warmer). You want museums- there are museums everywhere. The one thing I can say we did that is hard to do anywhere else is see tapings of TV shows...but even when I did that once (and this was YEARS ago), my friend's car was broken into while we were at the TV taping.

The biggest difference I'd say is the people. I've been back to LA a few times since I left (and will be headed back there next month actually). After living the in the South and being here in Texas, the people here are AWESOME! I found nothing but rude, self-centered and arrogant people when I was back there visiting...one man practically pushed me over to beat me to a store door and then let the door slam right in my face!! I am used to men holding the door for women- not knocking them over to get in front of them. It's just a different way of life.

Granted, that was just my experience and others probably see it completely different. But I have absolutely NO inclination to move back to that state ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio