Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,678,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDana View Post
Steel Man,
I'm glad to see this post because I went to HEB Plus today on Potranco and realized the distance from AR Parkway to Wiseman. Is it really going to be connected? I haven't driven all the way to the back of AR so I can't imagine where/how it will be connected but it would be great! I'll have to take a drive to the back today. I am in Pulte and have seen Weekly and Medallion. I know Del Webb in all the way at the end but I still can't picture it being that wide! I had no idea just how big this area is!
Good question, but I do not know. The AR developers would have to negotiate with the owners of the land next to Wiseman for a right-of-way from AR. It would definitely help AR when more houses are built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:40 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,160,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Good question, but I do not know. The AR developers would have to negotiate with the owners of the land next to Wiseman for a right-of-way from AR. It would definitely help AR when more houses are built.
I thought AR was always planned to connect to Wiseman for a "southerly" alternative for the neighborhoods. I've always seen a connector from some of the maps that have been posted on here, especially in the Potranco/1604 forum. Grosenbacher is going to be extended from Potranco/Westcreek areas north past Wiseman and connect to either AR Parkway or Lone Star Parkway ( I can't remember now which it was ) so that would be one of the ways to enter or exit AR.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM

409 posts, read 1,562,620 times
Thanks Steel Man and 940 for this info. We drove around last evening and the summit area has beautiful views--Dr Horton and Meritage, I think! Wow!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,678,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDana View Post
Thanks Steel Man and 940 for this info. We drove around last evening and the summit area has beautiful views--Dr Horton and Meritage, I think! Wow!
The DR Horton homes up on the hill have a great view to the South. I believe most of those homes are in the $300's.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,160,472 times
I was just looking at the David Weekley site and one of their newly finished homes looks to be on a high cliff with a beautiful southerly view behind it of trees and more trees. I believe you can also see Citicorp a few miles away in the distance.
I own a DW home up here and have been pleased both with the build quality and the open floorplan since we do like to entertain with friends quite a bit.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM

47 posts, read 124,596 times
Construction on our David Weekly (DW) at the Preserve is due to begin in March. We purchased a 70' lot. DW just opened up a new section and registered the lots last week, several prime locations in our cul-de-sac still available. I suggest that you hurry, they did have employee pricing going on - 7% off the cost of the house and 2% towards closing cost from their preferred mortgage company. The playground/waterpark is going to be very nice, but the developer has been very slow in starting construction, probably won't be complete until Aug - Sep 08. Good thing is that it's only a short walk from any of the houses in the Preserve. We considered all the other builders, but DW offers the best opportunity for you to customize your house. They actually provide you a personal web site so that you can pick and choose from a menu, to include pricing, even before you meet the interior designer. Limitless options. Traveling from Alamo Ranch to WHMC is not that bad at all, as others suggested, just take 1604 West to 90 and you're there in 15 - 20 minutes.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM

46 posts, read 184,229 times
Thumbs up Hey USAF24 - We did end up buying there!

Update...

We purchased one of the 70's lots in November. It is due to
be finished in June. It was a great deal! We bought a lot that backs
up to the greenbelt. They gave us a ton of upgrades and incentives. We've
been really pleased with the progress on the building so far. I guess we'll be neighbors. :-) Do you work at WHMC too? We'd love to get to know lots of other families in the neighborhood, so PM us sometime!

HW

Old 02-27-2008, 11:23 AM

47 posts, read 124,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLikeTexas View Post
Update...

We purchased one of the 70's lots in November. It is due to
be finished in June. It was a great deal! We bought a lot that backs
up to the greenbelt. They gave us a ton of upgrades and incentives. We've
been really pleased with the progress on the building so far. I guess we'll be neighbors. :-) Do you work at WHMC too? We'd love to get to know lots of other families in the neighborhood, so PM us sometime!

HW
Congrats. Yes, DW has an extensive shopping list of upgrades, the incentives were great off-sets. Our construction doesn't begin until March - can't wait. I work at Capital Group off of 151 and Wiseman. I'm sure we'll run into each other once we get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio