Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM

46 posts, read 184,198 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Our family is moving back to San Antonio next July (Lord-willing) and
we are considering building in the David Weekly Preserve neighborhood (70's
series). I was wondering if anyone on this board has done that and what your impression is of the neighborhood. We are really interested in the new
areas springing up off of highway 90 (DH will be commuting to Wilford Hall, that would be a lot easier traffic-wise) but I'm thinking they're just in the beginning stages?

Thanks,
HW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 03:40 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,827,934 times
I have been out to the DW area in Alamo Ranch. Last time was about 4 months ago when they were just starting on a few of their model homes. It looks to be a gorgeous area and I for one, would LOVE a DW home--especially in Alamo Ranch...but, can't afford it for one, and two, I would be trading one traffic headache for another. Just read some of the other threads about traffic on 1604 and you'll understand.

Tiffany

Old 08-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Thanks...

Yes, we are worried about the traffic. Is it really that bad?

Thanks again,
HW

Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 PM

409 posts, read 1,562,491 times
WeLikeTexas-I live in Alamo Ranch, a Pulte home just across Lone Star Parkway from the Weekly homes. It is a gorgeous area! Traffic depends on what time of the day you travel. I left out at 7:30 this AM for work and it took me an hour to get to the Stone Oak area. But, at other times, it only takes 30 minutes. We've learned a few shortcuts that help, too! Overall, we love life here and just accept the traffic! This is a great area to us and there is a lot of construction, i.e., retail, restaurants, hospitals, etc. coming to the area.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLikeTexas View Post

Thanks again,
HW
Texas DOT is trying to promote "new" toll lanes on Loop 1604 from Bandera to, I believe, Hwy 281. If it passed you could still use the existing lanes if you don't want to pay. This is not an endorsement, just info.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:43 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,466,627 times
Quote:

Thanks again,
HW

Traffic to me is BETTER in this area given that the 1604 roadwork between there and Westcreek has been completed...it has helped alot even with the growth and development.

That said, I leave my house in Westcreek and from my driveway to WHMC parking lot at 6:45am is less than 17 minutes.

The nice part is you have several routes to select from in AR area....151, 1604 all the way to 90, OR Culebra to 410 (would be my LAST choice)...living in Westcreek, I go straight up Military Drive West to 151, take the 410 exit and go down to Military drive and the straight into WH...it IS thru a school zone, but I HATE the cloverleaf at 90 & 410 and REFUSE to use it!

Hope this helps, welcome back!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 AM

Smile Thanks everybody...

This does make me feel better. :-)
Does anyone know if it's any easier to get to
WHMC from the Bella Vista area? We are also
looking at the Highland Homes neighborhood there.
Is it quite as nice?

Thanks,
HW

Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,560,523 times
Hi HW!

Bella Vista is quite aways outside of 1604, takes a few minutes to travel Potranco to 1604. But then again, the David Weekly neighborhood is kinda far back in the Alamo Ranch area, so it too would take a few minutes to get to 1604. Probably the same amount of minutes. However, there is so much road construction and stuff going on, it's a little difficult to predict which will be better by the time you guys get back out here. (You will not believe how much different it is! I still remember going to your house when there wasn't a light at Military! It's a whole new world, just since you left.)

Anyway, I kinda prefer Alamo Ranch, but you gotta see them both. Have you checked out the Pulte neighborhood in AR? Their highest end series has a little larger lots and is gated. And the community center and waterpark are fabulous! Evee and Caroline went crazy when they saw it! Some nice floorplans, too!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 AM

Smile Hi Jules...

Hi Jules!

I've been meaning to ask you about this stuff for a while. Glad you saw my
post. We are excited to get back there, but enjoying this year in Houston. I am expecting baby girl #4 in January. I will check out the Pultes as well. Is the Weekly neighborhood great as well? I hear they'll be having a nice playground and waterpark. Most convenient. :-) We really like this plan called the Conrad (when you add the bonus room up top and the outdoor living) there's tons of space. Bella Vista (Highlands) just called and gave me some info about their location. We are looking for a good time to get out there and do some looking around!

HW

Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,676,781 times
Quote:
This does make me feel better. :-)
Does anyone know if it's any easier to get to
WHMC from the Bella Vista area? We are also
looking at the Highland Homes neighborhood there.
Is it quite as nice?

Thanks,
HW
The quickest way is to turn right (heading West) from Belle Vista entrance and go to SH211. Turn left and go down to Hwy 90 and head East. Exit on Military Drive and there you are at WHMC. That should take you 15-20 minutes, top. This way you by-pass all the traffic and signals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio