Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM

952 posts, read 2,634,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeddie View Post
no, i just dont book with the $$ lines and i cruise off season

most of my cruises cost $600 for 2

work smarter not harder. Im going on one in feb for $1000(i splurged its my birthday) with an aft balcony and thats for 2 people plus a $150 obc

thanks for the tip!!
does it cost more to bring an infant on board?

so just like airfares are more int he summer and winter times, when would be off season for cruise lines to get a great deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 PM

431 posts, read 766,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
thanks for the tip!!
does it cost more to bring an infant on board?

so just like airfares are more int he summer and winter times, when would be off season for cruise lines to get a great deal?
off season for cruise ships is about the same as airlines
avoid holidays and MID summer

you will be amazed how much cheaper a cruise is from one week to the next.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,912 times
My mom and dad are retired and take cruises. I don't know what they cost. I get to watch the movies they make when they get home. It seems kinda like tourist stuff to me but they like it. They cancelled a trip around Thanksgiving because they couldn't get the seating they wanted for dinner. It would have been around ten --too late for them to enjoy the meal. I don't know how important this is. The cruise before that didn't end well. They ended up back in a port or stop or something that was closed. They didn't have a cell phone or anyway to contact anyone. They were stuck. Not a problem to me but I know it was tough on them. A black couple helped them out. They couldn't believe it was possible and even showed me a picture of the couple. They looked normal to me.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times
Figure out which one you would like to go on.

Go to cruisecompete.com and enter the info.

That is pretty much the cheapest way to book it.

Go out of Galveston, very easy that way.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM

30 posts, read 80,179 times
www.cruisedeals.com

I've sailed 18 times so far... can't wait for my next cruise!
Booking directly thru the cruise lines will not give you a cheaper price. Most of the times, agencies get shipboard credits, discounts, group rates that the cruise lines can't offer directly to passengers.

Anything from Memorial Day weekend till Labor Day weekend is high season.. a little more expensive mid-June thru end of July.. Avoid Holidays, Spring Break, Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving.. remember that Spring Break in TX is not the same as other states.. so there's a big window of "Spring Breaks"..(Winter Breaks, College Breaks, Spring Breaks..)

I don't spend much time in the cabin, so try to go cheap if I travel with the kids.. if I travel with hubby, he always wants a balcony... not worth the price for me.. but he likes to have one.

Galveston offers few cruise lines.. Carnival all year round, Royal Caribbean during the winter... Princess and Disney come next year.. can't wait!..

Most cruise lines except Norwegian, MSC and Costa will charge you for your infant.. Baby counts as a 'head' and they don't care if the 3rd person is adult or infant. They do offer reduced rate for 3rd and 4th passengers in the same cabin with 2 full fare guests.

Good luck!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 PM

184 posts, read 462,216 times
My family are slated to go on a cruise this coming August, we are a family of 4 and doing a 5 day cruise out of Galveston and our price before Insurance was $2200 that is with the 2nd nicest room I think.
If you are able to go through Lackland the insurance is cheaper there i think $59 per adult compared to $95 per adult on carnivals website.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:14 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Buy travel insurance through a completely different company. The prices packaged with the cruises are insanely expensive and usually don't have the same level of coverage. You're just paying them extra to do the shopping you should've done in the first place..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio