Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM

40 posts, read 108,653 times

Advertisements

I've had all 3 of mine North Central and love it there. My husband could come and go and stayed the night. You get a mommy/daddy lunch or dinner (your pick) of filet mignon and a 20 minute free massage for the mommy. All the rooms are a good size and are single rooms only which I believe was no additional charge. I know you can take a tour of NC and should be able to for Methodist too, so I would tour them and ask questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
I would have to second taking a tour at both.
Most maternity wards offer them and there's nothing like you getting a chance to see the place for yourself to help make a decision. Taking the tours will also give you a chance to find out about their policies on visitors. It's pretty standard for hospitals to allow siblings to visit but not other children.
You get to see what the rooms are like, what amenities will be available for you and dad and so forth.
Where he will have to go to get food and so on. Most hospitals will feed you but not him.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 PM

87 posts, read 220,157 times
Wow!! Thank you so much for everyone's input. I never thought I'd get this much response.

I'm planning on taking the tour at NC Baptist on Monday and then I had to make an appointment for SO Methodist and couldn't get scheduled there until March...which is ok I guess because I'm not due until end of May.

I really appreciate everyone's input! Thanks!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 AM

14 posts, read 34,624 times
We are considering trying for our second baby. I loved my OBGYN but considering switching to an OBGYN that delivers with one of these 2 hospitals does anyone recommend this. Our ped is affiliated with North Central Baptist and they take care of the children very well there so considering changing based on this.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM

447 posts, read 1,044,500 times
If you have insurance, be sure and specify that everyone who sees you must be 'in-network'. Stone Oak contracts alot of staff, and though the hospital may be 'in-network' for you, those contracted staff members may not be.

Then, like I was, you get hit with bills after your stay that are not covered by your insurance at in-network prices because of those 'out-of-network' contract staff.

It's a real crock.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
If you have insurance, be sure and specify that everyone who sees you must be 'in-network'. Stone Oak contracts alot of staff, and though the hospital may be 'in-network' for you, those contracted staff members may not be.

Then, like I was, you get hit with bills after your stay that are not covered by your insurance at in-network prices because of those 'out-of-network' contract staff.

It's a real crock.

Do you mean like nurses and all that ??

That is nuts - I know I just had my OBGYN at Methodist and they and the OB were in network... Maybe I'll stick with the medical center if this is the case! !!!! LOL

Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 PM

87 posts, read 220,157 times
Mommy1st..I think bigtexan is referring to people like a hospitalist group...if your ped doesn't practice at a specific hospital, or you don't have a ped, their 'onsite' group will attend to your baby...that 'onsite' group is called a hospitalist group and they may or may not be in your network. Or like lab services, etc.

I have to say (now that this topic was brought back up) I ended up choosing NC Baptist...and had a really good experience. Only issue was that it was Memorial Day weekend and they were a little short staffed so they were consolidating the maternity wings. My room was moved a couple of times, but that was the biggest issue and it really wasn't an issue at all. The nursing staff that was there were great as was my overall experience.

Mommy1st- the OB Group I use is Women's Institute of Health...specifically Dr. Susan Crockett. They deliver at both hospitals.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM

475 posts, read 1,094,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrie1013 View Post
Mommy1st..I think bigtexan is referring to people like a hospitalist group...if your ped doesn't practice at a specific hospital, or you don't have a ped, their 'onsite' group will attend to your baby...that 'onsite' group is called a hospitalist group and they may or may not be in your network. Or like lab services, etc.
Usually, you consider the OB/GYN and the hospital. As part of the hospital, the labor/delivery/postpartum nurses and the various room and drug charges are usually included.

The following is incomplete, but for a maternity stay, "other" people that you or your newborn might see, but who may or may not be in your insurance network:

Anesthesiologist (epidural)
Newborn Hearing Screening Technician (automatically done)
Surgical Assistants (C-Section?)
Lab Testing (various tests that will be done)

Most people are usually aware that the Anesthesiologist is a doctor and so a contracted person like your OB/GYN, but the others are usually thought to be a part of the hospital.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrie1013 View Post

I have to say (now that this topic was brought back up) I ended up choosing NC Baptist...and had a really good experience. Only issue was that it was Memorial Day weekend and they were a little short staffed so they were consolidating the maternity wings. My room was moved a couple of times, but that was the biggest issue and it really wasn't an issue at all. The nursing staff that was there were great as was my overall experience.

Mommy1st- the OB Group I use is Women's Institute of Health...specifically Dr. Susan Crockett. They deliver at both hospitals.

I appreciate your information. I think our ped does rounds at both of those hospitals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio