Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM

6 posts, read 11,824 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I hope someone here can help me. I am moving to SA for a 3-4 month job assignment and need to move in somewhere May 3. I am having a very difficult time finding any kind of corporate/furnished apartment. Every review I have read online (I know, I take them with a grain of salt) has been very bad; I have only found 2 complexes with approval ratings above 50% and they do not rent furnished or short term lease. I will be working at Methodist Metro but I don't necessarily have to live right next door to the building. Safety and resident satisfaction are my 2 main priorities. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM

580 posts, read 1,430,221 times
Hi, Mary.

There are two or three really cool, modern, new rehab apartment/condos at the corner of Dewey and Kendall, in Tobin Hill (78212). I live about a block from there. A friend has been inside, and he says that they're super well done. (He's a graphic designer, and his father is a well known architect.) I don't know who rents them out, but I've heard that they're for short-term corporate-type stays. I definitely consider the area to be safe, and it's very close to Methodist, I believe.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:28 PM

145 posts, read 378,943 times
Another option might be to sign a short term lease at an apartment and lease furniture from Cort. They have packages you can pick from that includes kitchen essentials and such. I'm not sure what this all involves and I know it is not as easy as a corporate apartment. Nine years ago my husband's company used this company when we were in San Antonio for a 13 week job and the stuff was fine.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 AM

500 posts, read 969,911 times
Good luck with your search. I had the same issue 20 or so years ago, before I moved here. Couldn't find one other than the Warren Inn which wasn't the safest looking place, and that was in the early '90's. San Antonio is woefully short on this kind of accommodation.

My company needed a place for 4 months, so we did a 6 month lease, and ate the last 2 months.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:10 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,894,397 times
I sent you a private message.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:15 AM

580 posts, read 1,430,221 times
Well, you probably found a place already, but I just saw the website for the furnished rooms/apartments in my hood (a block from my house, actually):

G2 Haus | Remodeled 1948 Modernist Building Available for Bookings

Really cool spaces, although a bit pricey. And, quite a nice ad for Tobin Hill, the neighborhood. (Read all those reviews!)

Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM

487 posts, read 992,291 times
Have you tried Medirien by the Quarry Market? They have corporate housing. Not cheap, a little dated furniture, but location is very good (lots of stuff at walking distance)

Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,078,038 times
I googled Corporate Apartments in San Antonio, TX and thought I'd post one or two links here that might help you. However, there are more than just a few. Google
Good luck with your search.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,695,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
Hi, Mary.

There are two or three really cool, modern, new rehab apartment/condos at the corner of Dewey and Kendall, in Tobin Hill (78212). I live about a block from there. A friend has been inside, and he says that they're super well done. (He's a graphic designer, and his father is a well known architect.) I don't know who rents them out, but I've heard that they're for short-term corporate-type stays. I definitely consider the area to be safe, and it's very close to Methodist, I believe.

Safe!!!?!?!?! Compared to what, Somalia? That area is not safe at all.
Please check google earth and street view for yourself.
It is one of those areas confused people like to refer to as "In Transition". And they are always trying to dupe people to moving into their neighborhood.
And it has been in "transition" for the past 30 years not not making much progress.

Yes there are big historic houses in the area, but 90% of them are in complete disrepair and falling apart. The nice niced fixed up ones are usually converted into law offices. You wont find any new or modern apartments in this area. You wont find anything new or modern in this area. Lots of homeless people lots of graffitti.

The quarry area is about about 5 miles away and has nice apartments and modern upscale retail if that is what you are looking for.

I have said it before...ask your new boss or headhunter "Would it be safe to live in Tobin hill, near work?" You will get another honest answer.
The nice safe part of SA is the far nothside (about 20 miles north).

Good Luck and Stay safe.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM

330 posts, read 587,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Safe!!!?!?!?! Compared to what, Somalia? That area is not safe at all.
Please check google earth and street view for yourself.
It is one of those areas confused people like to refer to as "In Transition". And they are always trying to dupe people to moving into their neighborhood.
And it has been in "transition" for the past 30 years not not making much progress.

Yes there are big historic houses in the area, but 90% of them are in complete disrepair and falling apart. The nice niced fixed up ones are usually converted into law offices. You wont find any new or modern apartments in this area. You wont find anything new or modern in this area. Lots of homeless people lots of graffitti.

The quarry area is about about 5 miles away and has nice apartments and modern upscale retail if that is what you are looking for.

I have said it before...ask your new boss or headhunter "Would it be safe to live in Tobin hill, near work?" You will get another honest answer.
The nice safe part of SA is the far nothside (about 20 miles north).

Good Luck and Stay safe.
Primo, seriously, there's got to be something more behind your passion against near downtown and downtown areas. You should explore that. Me personally? I have a weird reaction to newly built suburban areas, but that reaction has everything to do with me and my personal fears and virtually nothing to do with anything objectively wrong with suburbia.

Tobin Hill is my 'hood, and I love it, warts and all. And you want to know something? My husband DID ask his boss (Moderator cut: no names, please a very qualified opinion if you ask me) if he thought Tobin Hill was a good idea. I still need to thank him for his enthusiastic seal of approval because it helped put my dude's fears (mostly value related) to rest about this fantastic neighborhood.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-19-2012 at 12:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio