Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 08:27 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times

Advertisements

Good Evening Folks,

Well I attempted to attend the Monthly BOD Metting but evidently there were too many people (homeowner's) present for the meeting room. I counted approx 28 people. If I understood correctly and I may be wrong in saying that the BOD said that the BC Fire Marshall states there were too people many for that room. A karate class was being held in the large meeting room so we could not meet there. Just so you know we as homeowners' spent money to have Security present. For a BOD Meeting. - Come on VOWC BOD if you can't take the haet then get out of the Kitchen. It is my understanding and again I may be wrong be the HOA expected a large crowd. By the way, the BOD had their meeting.

I will not sit here and say that someone has a hidden adgenda since I don't know. If anyone knows something it needs to be shared with all of us. I can tell you this, there are many Homeowners' that are fed up with the BOD and Office Staff.

We as Homeowner's need to be present at these meetings to be assured our money is being spent correctly and that decisions are made that are for the good of the Community. Again there may be some things that I say tonight that may be totally untrue or partially untrue. Again I want to be corrected so those of you that are out there you need to share information with us.

I dont' know about you all but if money is to be spent it needs to be spent on the entrances, islands, fences, and monuments. For the dollar value of our homes and what the community has to offer our landscaping looks like crap. Our paid Maintenace Staff cannot maintain the monuments. We pay a Landscaping Company to mow weeds.

Crime is another isssue. Now I know that the BOD cannot fight crime but we could hire a Security Patrol. Crap we have a pickup that is used very little during the day. Why not hire a couple of Commissioned Security Officer's and let them patrol our streets during the evening and early morning hours. Let them have cell phones so we can call them if they are needed. I know that they will have to sometimes contact the BCSD but at least we will have roaming eyes.

Well I want to encourage all of you and your neighbors to come to the recheduled Meeting this next Monday at 6:00pm. Its our community and we know what the needs are. It's our money and we want to see it spent wisely. Remenber although the BOD is volunteer they are supposed to be there for us and make decisions for over 3000 households.

There was much talk about a Gazebo being built at the Community Center. Do we really need one?. I say not. One lady stated that the BOD thought it would be necessary if a wedding were to be held at the Community Center. Well I say HA HA. The BOD is going to spend $30-$50,000 on a Gazebo that might be used? Show me that it will before you get on a high horse as a BOD Member and say what is best for the Community. The money spent will include the design and landscaping.

There was even talk by fellow homeoewners that our dues are gouing up. Why?

I want to know what happened that caused our past Comminity Manager, Rec. Director and Asst. Rec. Director to leave. Does anyone know. I know there was probably some head bumping amongst those and the BOD but what in the hell happened? I asked a fellow homeowner about Judy Monger leaving and was told that there is /was a rumor that she hand her hand in the money jar.

I know our MAIN responsibilities are to our families, jobs, homes, and possessions. We also have to remebber that there is a Community that is beyond our 60" x 110" lot. We cannot allow it to go to pot, we can't allow our money to be pissed away, we cannot live in neighborhoods were there is crime, no matter how petty. We need to hold our BOD and HOA Staff accountable . So in saying that we need to show up Monday at 7:00pm. Tell your neighbors. Even if you don't speak you can listen and by listening you will see that there are many, young and old that are pissed off.

In closing let me stand to be corrected. I do not know all the facts, nor do most of us on this forum. We need to know so if you do I ask you to share with the rest of us.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-17-2009 at 09:09 PM..

Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
I can't believe there is so much dramaticals in one neighborhood. Strange.....

Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM

33 posts, read 50,956 times
Thumbs down Board Meeting 9/17/2009**** WHAT MEETING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Had no idea about these URLs...the westcreekhomeownersforachange.com is very sparse but I'd very much like the idea!!! I have posted some of those same CC&R paragraphs on this website.

Maybe we need to get reminders posted on this site a day or two before the meetings. Several of us check this site regularly and kick around some good ideas here.

Keep posting what you can on here and let other residents know about this site as well!
The board meeting scheduled on todays date was cancelled due to the amount of homeowners with real concerns. The board in their infinite wisdom contacted the fire marshals office, they were advised that the room they have their meetings in, will only allow 26 people to sit in chairs that were provided. This was the boards excuse for not having to listen to the homeowners concerns.

#1, Our position on the treatment received by 2 senior citizens by the Community Manager. She displayed abusive unprofessional behavior, and intimidation of senior citizens. The board after 2 letters, the 2nd letter delivered to the homes of board members. With the an attachment from the state of Texas Elder Abuse. The board found the charges against the community manager to be UNFOUNDED! That is a down right slap in the face of 2 wonderful women who have never been treated that way in their lives! These 2 women are 79 & 57 years old. So according to VWOA board these 2 women are liars.
They also hired 2 Bexar County Sheriff Officers with our assement money to enforce, "The laws of Texas." They rescheduled the board meeting for 9/21/2009 @ 6pm. Watch out this board & staff are an autonomy! They held a closed door meeting after they adjorned the original meeting!! What do they have to fear from a group of seniors and concerned homeowners are a mystery.
VWOA board members informed us tonight of a Town Hall meeting scheduled for 9/28/2009 @ 6pm. They have once again throw out the by-laws by not advertising 45 days ahead so the whole community can be aware of said meeting.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDrupiewski View Post
The board meeting scheduled on todays date was cancelled due to the amount of homeowners with real concerns. The board in their infinite wisdom contacted the fire marshals office, they were advised that the room they have their meetings in, will only allow 26 people to sit in chairs that were provided. This was the boards excuse for not having to listen to the homeowners concerns.

#1, Our position on the treatment received by 2 senior citizens by the Community Manager. She displayed abusive unprofessional behavior, and intimidation of senior citizens. The board after 2 letters, the 2nd letter delivered to the homes of board members. With the an attachment from the state of Texas Elder Abuse. The board found the charges against the community manager to be UNFOUNDED! That is a down right slap in the face of 2 wonderful women who have never been treated that way in their lives! These 2 women are 79 & 57 years old. So according to VWOA board these 2 women are liars.
They also hired 2 Bexar County Sheriff Officers with our assement money to enforce, "The laws of Texas." They rescheduled the board meeting for 9/21/2009 @ 6pm. Watch out this board & staff are an autonomy! They held a closed door meeting after they adjorned the original meeting!! What do they have to fear from a group of seniors and concerned homeowners are a mystery.
VWOA board members informed us tonight of a Town Hall meeting scheduled for 9/28/2009 @ 6pm. They have once again throw out the by-laws by not advertising 45 days ahead so the whole community can be aware of said meeting.
Thank you for saying what I had to say in a shorter version. I appreciate what you have shared. I am in shock about the way the two ladies were treated. The HOA Staff is not above anyone, although they think they are.

Everyone Please remember the next two meetings.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 PM

33 posts, read 50,956 times
Unhappy Villages Of Westcreek Rides AGAIN!!

Isn't it Bliss to be so uninformed**

Old 09-18-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I can't believe there is so much dramaticals in one neighborhood. Strange.....
There has to be more than dramatics if the BOD felt they needed two off duty BCS Deputies to be present.

The people last night were not going to get mean and start throwing punches. From what I heard those individuals are down right tired of the arrogance of the BOD and HOA Staff and the decisions that they make. I commend all of those that were there and hope that the number doubles for the Monday meeting.

Some people will moan and groan and never take action. That's not the case here.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:23 AM

Everyone needs to look close at the Stain Job that we are paying for. Has anyone noticed ther trail of stain approx 350' along Wetcreek Oaks? Has anyone noticed that the sides of several brick columns have been stained. We don't need to pay for sloppy work.

Nit Picky on my part? Not when that stain will remain there. All those small things that we see like the trails of stain on the street, weeds, unmowed yards, dead yards, a crappy looking main entrance, etc. reflect upon all of us as property owners / residents.

Please join me in contacting our HOA Office. *For those of you new residents I can and will assure you that the VOWC is not what it was in December of 1999 when we moved into our new home. It has and continues to go downhill.

By the way this is not DRAMA. It's taking corrective actions for a better Community!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:30 AM

34 posts, read 55,389 times
Thank you wellguy for all you are doing to help our community and i will attend both upcoming meetings. Sincerely, codeblue

Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM

Thumbs up We Will All Work for a Better Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeblue View Post
Thank you wellguy for all you are doing to help our community and i will attend both upcoming meetings. Sincerely, codeblue
Good Evening,

Thank you for the kind words. As you know there are many more who are doing the work to make this a better Community. I give you my word and to the others that I will get involved. I was sincerely impressed with all the folks who were out last night. I was glad to see and hear that my fellow neighbors (those of you in the Community) have their facts and supporting documents to go before the BOD Monday night.
I'm glad you will be there and I ask that everyone else try to attend. If you have neighbors that are fed up please ask them to come along. Even if many of us don't speak Monday we will be there in support of those that do. We have to insure that we continue to attend the future meetings.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:43 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Evening,

Thank you for the kind words. As you know there are many more who are doing the work to make this a better Community. I give you my word and to the others that I will get involved. I was sincerely impressed with all the folks who were out last night. I was glad to see and hear that my fellow neighbors (those of you in the Community) have their facts and supporting documents to go before the BOD Monday night.
I'm glad you will be there and I ask that everyone else try to attend. If you have neighbors that are fed up please ask them to come along. Even if many of us don't speak Monday we will be there in support of those that do. We have to insure that we continue to attend the future meetings.
Good deal Wellguy...git 'em!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio