Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 AM

119 posts, read 544,243 times

Advertisements

Y'all crack me up!!! See some of you at the Luau. Wish me and the Mrs. could go to the stockyards, but our babysitter will be slitting her wrists by the time we get back from the luau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Yes, it was delightful. And yep, I think I was the only one that had to drive "inside" 1604. Which is why only one bottle of wine was opened!! LOL! If you guys were actually coming to the Stockyards tomorrow night (!!!!), you'd see what I mean!!

And yes Mr. Addict, you do need help!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:00 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
The luau was a blast - it was pretty windy early, but died down. The karate kids put on a good show, and the food was good! I think we're all going to take naps now, so we can be rested for the M&G tonight....

Old 04-12-2008, 03:15 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,271 times
We didn't make it to the Luau, we had ac issues. I hope someone took some pictures?

Old 04-12-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
We didn't make it to the Luau, we had ac issues. I hope someone took some pictures?

I took some - there were lots of cameras around. Hopefully we'll get a gallery installed on the VWOA website soon...

Old 04-12-2008, 07:49 PM

56 posts, read 169,429 times
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I've been in a couple of the homes when being built. Very small (including back yards) and not worth gating. BTW: I noticed that Lenar has just about finished the outer fencing on Westcreek View and Talley Road. IMO, Westcreek View looks barren with no median, trees or grass, just tall fences on both sides.
Westcreek View is the road that goes between Grosenbacher and Talley with Highpoint on the right and Wynwood on the left. Fences, sidewalks, and someone's bright idea. . . rocks. The one where in the last six months one car went through a fence into someone's backyard, another took out the stop sign and brick entrance to Highpoint. Several wrecks at the Wynwood entrance too. Lots of county revenue is made on this street too.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I took some - there were lots of cameras around. Hopefully we'll get a gallery installed on the VWOA website soon...

Here are some pictures - just the ones I have. I'll see what I can get from other residents...

Moderator cut: website

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-13-2008 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: personal website deleted - not allowed

Old 04-13-2008, 08:13 PM

13 posts, read 23,909 times
Post Community Information request

New Topic, I believe...
My wife and I are looking to move from NE side of town to the WestCreek area. We looked at a home on Oak Cask. The Builder was identified as United Homecraft. The house is listed as 4008 square feet. The house has just been carpeted and cleaned up very nicely, but we noticed a few minor cracks in the drywall close to some wall joints. We would be grateful if a couple long time residents could answer two questions for us:
- Who are (were)United Homecratt, and How well have the United Homecraft homes held up? It appears the company is no longer in business-at least by that name, so I could not find any info on them.
- Have there been many known foundation problems in that area of Westcreek? Any data availiable?

Appreciate any help y'all can provide.

Thanks much

Last edited by moovinXtown; 04-13-2008 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: First time Poster to this thread.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:19 PM

15 posts, read 28,304 times
Default Picnic

My family had a good time at the picnic, great job by all the staff. Our kids were in the Karate Demo so we had to stay till the end, but it was nice to just sit around and actually relax for a bit while the kids played. If anyone on this board has any say so about Westcreek events do you mind if i put in a couple of suggestions?
If not here is my list haha
#1 For Octoberfest have better BEER if you need some recomendations let me know BEER is my friend and i can offer up some good choices.
#2 Has Westcreek ever looked into a Summer Camp program? You would make a killing i think.
#3 There is a subdivision down the road off Potrantco going towards Redbird Ranch on the left hand side that has a awesome Playground for the kids, any chance the one at Westcreek could add some flavor to their playground?
Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM

56 posts, read 169,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskdodd View Post
My family had a good time at the picnic, great job by all the staff. Our kids were in the Karate Demo so we had to stay till the end, but it was nice to just sit around and actually relax for a bit while the kids played. If anyone on this board has any say so about Westcreek events do you mind if i put in a couple of suggestions?
If not here is my list haha
#1 For Octoberfest have better BEER if you need some recomendations let me know BEER is my friend and i can offer up some good choices.
#2 Has Westcreek ever looked into a Summer Camp program? You would make a killing i think.
#3 There is a subdivision down the road off Potrantco going towards Redbird Ranch on the left hand side that has a awesome Playground for the kids, any chance the one at Westcreek could add some flavor to their playground?
Thanks
It's the KB Homes subdivision -- WAY better than Westcreek. "They" say that WC is going to get better play equipment but I don't think it will be like that one, and it didn't sound like it was going to happen any time soon.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:59 PM

15 posts, read 28,304 times
Default Playground

Yeah our playground looks all ghetto compared to that one, i would think Westcreek has enough funds to update the playground here seeing as how this area has grown in the past year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio