Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
When we first moved into WC, we got a notice for our trash can being left out too long. It was a Friday morning about 6 am, so the notice must have been left Thursday evening (given the condition of the paper) and Thursday was our trash day! We all had a long discussion about confronting the folks leaving notices, but they probably have a rule about discussing the notices, and we joked about running after them while they're writing notices and throwing them over their shoulder at you about running after them!!

It was really fun at the time, so stop laughing at me.
Yea...that is why we USE to do it!!! No really, we decided to volunteer for our section (Royal Oaks) but when we moved to Hawaii did not get back into it after we moved back here...just no time.

It is a thankless job for sure, but I NEVER left a notice for grass in the sidewalk crack or trash cans left out...I DO have some common sense!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
I was written up early last Spring when my back yard had too many weeds. I was already in the process of picking the weeds but the notice was nice as they said please maintain your back yard as nice as your front yard. Nothing like getting a compliment just before they slam you.

BTW: I think they should wait 2 days before they get you for leaving the trash can(s) out too long.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:20 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Yeah I was really surprised. We have only received one other notice, about the weeds in the drainage area next to our house - apparantely that's our responsibility too!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 AM

173 posts, read 617,525 times
I am so glad we at least have folks who are willing to volunteer their time to post notices and help keep WC looking decent.

Along those lines, we have been here about 2 yrs now and we really like it overall. But, we are starting to wonder if the HOA is getting more lax in enforcing codes. I see a lot of homes that REALLY need paint, landscaping, etc... in the older sections. Also, the fences along Military could use new staining!

I wouldn't mind volunteering to help w/ notices but I wonder how much "bite" the HOA really has to back you up???

Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,271 times
I was wondering if there is anything in the laws about hanging blankets as curtains. I have seen that a few times around here and I think that it looks really tacky. (just trying to be honest)

It seems that most people take pride in how their property looks but we have had problems with a rental house not too far from here. At one point last fall, I am sure the grass/weeds were way over a foot tall in front of the house. It took weeks/months to have someone cut it and then I think the people were finally evicted? Since getting new tenants, it seems to have improved.

This being said, I am sure that I am far from perfect when following the guidelines but I do try hard.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 AM

314 posts, read 2,539,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
The only problem i saw was if someone is entering from Potranco the mile and a half before the neighborhood is not aesthetically pleasing.
Then you must have missed our secret shortcut.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Yeah I was really surprised. We have only received one other notice, about the weeds in the drainage area next to our house - apparantely that's our responsibility too!
I would take a look at the survey that was done when you bought your house, that area might not be your responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
Also, the fences along Military could use new staining!
The HOA is in the process of taking care of it. They are doing some research on changing the fence materials, i.e. stone, and possibly changing the look. This has to be accepted by the affected homeowners, the HOA doesn't actually own the fences along military/westcreek oaks.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM

797 posts, read 2,992,529 times
Yesterday at the sports park I saw a suspicious person and before I judge too quickly I thought I would get some input. We were there from about 3:00 to 4:30pm playing around the tennis courts and playground. This man was pacing around the same area and appeared to be by himself. Every now and then he would pull out his cell phone and make a call but most of the time he just kept watching us. He was dressed in casual attire not sports wear. He never spoke to any of us and didn't even smile back at me when I passed him. In my gut I just sensed something was off about him, but I'm just not sure.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
I would take a look at the survey that was done when you bought your house, that area might not be your responsibility.

The HOA is in the process of taking care of it. They are doing some research on changing the fence materials, i.e. stone, and possibly changing the look. This has to be accepted by the affected homeowners, the HOA doesn't actually own the fences along military/westcreek oaks.
Yup. The fencing issue was brought up at the last homeowner's meeting. They have some nice options on the table, but we'll see which ones actually make it. They restain the fencing on the main drags every couple of years, and split the cost with the homeowners (I believe).

Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
Then you must have missed our secret shortcut.
Are you talking about the Clock Tower entrance?

I loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio