Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:28 AM

77 posts, read 93,390 times

Advertisements

SAnative,
We have decided that part of the problem is the sheer size of Westcreek... that shouldn't matter, but it does. Each "village" is different from the next... there are too many different home price variations and income levels. In one village, you will get the feel that there is pride and people really seem to follow the standards and bylaws, and then you go down the road to the next village and it's obvious that nobody cares. Where are these inspections I thought were going to happen??? When we bought, the Armadillo salesman went on and on about how strict the HOA is... which, coming from base housing, was a GOOD thing to us. I'm telling you now that a lot of these yards would not pass base housing inspection day and there are consequences if you don't pass.
Now that we have had a chance to drive around, I don't see this kind of set-up in other subdivisions... I'm talking about Alamo Ranch (where I wish we were), Redbird Ranch, Sonoma Ranch, Trophy Ridge, Bella Vista... they all seem more co-hesive in appearance. Bigger isn't always better with subdivisions.
I'm glad other people are happy here, but we will sell in two years and be taking a loss, which is a sad fact.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,821,312 times
We are very happy here in Westcreek. No issues. Neighbors are great and everyone takes pride in their home around here. We're in The Estates. (Centex homes)

Old 09-27-2007, 08:14 AM

422 posts, read 1,450,399 times
Missmypfc,
All the subdivisions you've named are newer than WestCreek. WestCreek pretty much used to be the only thing outside 1604 in that area. Give it time

But the HOA is slipping a bit. The green belt behind me hasn't been mowed/cut in quite some time. You would think that HOA dues x #of homes = tons of money to cut the darn green belt!

Heh, we should do covert operations and post pictures of houses that need the yard work, and see who's house shows up on the forum! Doh...

Old 09-27-2007, 12:07 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,666,503 times
If I'm not mistaken, the people that go around and inspect lawns, etc. are paid (at least they were a couple of years ago). If so, then we're not getting our money's worth.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Many, many moons ago I was part of the "Covenants Committee"...we were the ones that ensured yards were kept up, BB hoops put up acording to bylaws etc...at that time it was STRITCTLY VOLUNTEER status.

Of course, at each and ever meeting we would hear complaints, but VERY few folks ever actually would join in the efforts...they just thought it was "our" job to listen to "their" complaint...Who from you area is involved with the HOA? It is kinda like the neighborhood watch programs, there are those that become involved to ensure things are good, and those that just expect things to be good.

I live in the Royal Oaks section, and many of us feel some of the complaints about some of the "newer" builders homes areas since we were told that certain styles (minimim 3/4 brick/rock, no homes with driveways DIRECTLY onto a major throughfare have been ignored as we were promised when we built...but I guess if I were to single out my ONE serious objection, it would be the area nears the schools on Potranco.

Again, homes in Westcreek and getting to know your neighbors and being vigilent are NOT any different than homes in any other neighborhood anywhere else in the world, it takes getting involved, being active, and understanding that not everyone thinks the same just because you happen to live near each other.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM

7 posts, read 26,228 times
The homes near Potranco, that I believe you are referring to, are not a part of Westcreek. The Rustic (Rusty) Oaks are a horrible Centex fiasco. Tiny siding covered 2 Stories, 1 car garages, no landscaping, etc. Luckily *most* of the folks living there are young military who seem to be doing an decent job at keeping their homes kept. ~2yrs ago a homeowner from Rusty Oaks broke into a house and viscously attacked a family in wynwood. There was a lot about it in the news, and the guy is now in jail for life. That experience though has left me with little love for Rusty Oaks!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Missmypfc,
All the subdivisions you've named are newer than WestCreek. WestCreek pretty much used to be the only thing outside 1604 in that area. Give it time

But the HOA is slipping a bit. The green belt behind me hasn't been mowed/cut in quite some time. You would think that HOA dues x #of homes = tons of money to cut the darn green belt!

Heh, we should do covert operations and post pictures of houses that need the yard work, and see who's house shows up on the forum! Doh...
Have you ever said anything about that to them? I also live on Creek Knoll and the grass in that water runoff thing is pathetic. I always mean to go to the office, but after work my mind is usually only thinking about going home.. they definitely need to do something though, mowing it a few times per year is unsatisfactory and I know I pay enough money to cover it...

Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 PM

144 posts, read 686,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonJ View Post
~2yrs ago a homeowner from Rusty Oaks broke into a house and viscously attacked a family in wynwood. There was a lot about it in the news, and the guy is now in jail for life. That experience though has left me with little love for Rusty Oaks!
Please get your facts straight, the man was a contruction worker that lived on the eastside of SA and he was on the run from the authorities.
He was caught but don't know what happened since then. He had been on the run from another state.
Lock

Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM

41 posts, read 53,051 times
DaemonJ,
We bought a home in Wynwood and while we are happy there... when we tell people where we live... they "lump" Rustic Oaks in as part of Westcreek. Why in the world was that subdivision allowed to be so closely intertwined with Westcreek? I know what Missmypfc means... too many different types of homes and price ranges close together.
On the Military Drive entrance side you have the lovely trees going down the middle of the street, then all of the sudden the landscaping stops after you go through that last 4-way stop. Why wasn't the landscaping continued all the way down to the sports field and pool? I looked today and there is grass in the median and plenty of room to continue with trees. Then, between Highpoint and Wynwood it is plain ugly on Westcreek View where all we have are those annoying giant stones that line the street-- and constantly roll down the hill! On a positive note, they FINALLY mowed the grass and weeds by the school across from Rustic Oaks.
Everyone is right, we need to let our voices be heard... we should all go together to the next meeting.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,821,312 times
When are the meetings? We are fairly new here. It will most likely be a problem for us if they are during the week, as I travel extensively on business.
I would love to attend though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio