Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,961 times

Advertisements

So y'all are thinking I can just not worry about the title and take in my proof of insurance, inspection receipt and drivers license and I will be fine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
You should probably go into the tax assessor's office or one of the title service places and show them your paperwork, including the Michigan title, and ask what exactly you need.

I've called them before to ask what I need, they tell me one thing and then when I get there, it's a totally different thing. But every time I've gone in, they give me the form I need to get filled out or tell me what paperwork I need to bring in, and then I manage to get it done. It's almost as if the people answering the phone aren't the ones who are actually doing the titles and that's why the answers aren't right.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It's almost as if the people answering the phone aren't the ones who are actually doing the titles and that's why the answers aren't right.
Yeah, that's because the people answering the phone aren't the ones who are actually doing the titles and that's why the answers aren't right.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM

332 posts, read 529,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Yeah, that's because the people answering the phone aren't the ones who are actually doing the titles and that's why the answers aren't right.
yep. i had to b*tch out one of the managers at the downtown tax office a few years back because of this. called *3* times to verify that if i paid more than what the city values the car at (can you believe they actually value a 2000 model car at only 700$???), that i would only have to pay taxes on what the city values the car at.

WRONG.

had to pay taxes on the full amount. lesson learned. every car you title, say you paid 500$ and let the pins fall where they may, because they will rip you off if they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio