Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM

3 posts, read 7,653 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what an A.L.E. unit is in SA school district. What students attend one and is it grade by grade or combined grades?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Not quite sure of what you mean by "ALE unit," but info on the two main ISDs in SA can be found on the following websites:

Special Education: Services | Northside Independent School District:

Quote:
Specialized Support (formerly known as ALE, AMC, AU Unit, BMC, CMC, LC):

Some students, due to the severity of their disability, might have to leave the general education environment for a portion of their instructional day to receive very intense and specific instruction related to their IEP goals and objectives. This ARD decision is made only after all other options, supports, supplementary aids and services in the general education environment have been considered and explored. The decision for a student to receive support in a setting other than the general education environment is reached through an analysis of individual student needs and not on the basis of disability labels or traditional special education settings.
You'll have to search NEISD's website as it appears to be school specific.

Also, there's been a few threads on here about local ALE programs...

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...-w-high-2.html

Quote:
Our 10-yr-old Autistic son has been to two NISD elementary schools (he moved because the first one didn't have an ALE program, only AMC). His day is mainly spent in ALE, but he does spend some time "integrated into the general education population" by attending "regular" classes. We just had Thanksgiving lunch with his ALE class and other parents this afternoon, and it was great to see such a large attendance.
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...hools-6-a.html

Quote:
Do you know what type of instructional setting she will be in? I ask because not all elem. schools in NISD have ALE(formerly life skills, most restrictive enviroment on campus) classrooms. They will bus your child to the closest school that does have an ALE setting, and I know some parents are not too thrilled about having their children at different schools. NISD has an amazing Special Education deparment. It just comes down to your daughter's specific teacher and your involvement! Also, if your daughter qualifies, NISD has Reddix!!! It's a post-hi, vocational school/program after your daughter graduates high school until age 22. I know from personal experience Kuentz elem. has been great with a child dear to my heart

Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,653 times
Thank you. I think ALE is also called specialized instruction. I have just had a hard time finding any info on it. Thanks so much!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicat72 View Post
Thank you. I think ALE is also called specialized instruction. I have just had a hard time finding any info on it. Thanks so much!!!
NISD terms it "Specialized Support"...

Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM

191 posts, read 447,788 times
ALE services the severe and profound students. Most qualify under the ID and AU label.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,559,114 times
NEISD also terms it specialized support, but it is generally still known as ALE.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,542,251 times
NISD calls it Specialized instructional classroom support .... it is formerly A.L.E. The class is the same but districts constantly change what it's called.

I work in an a.l.e. classroom (I'm still old school and refer to it that way) so send me a pm if you need info.

Last edited by mamatotex97; 12-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: verbage

Old 12-15-2015, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,906 times
Currently live in Florida. Moving to San Antonio TX looking for Special needs individuals 15yr old profound CP student with global delays.
Also interested in services and programs provided for special needs students/individuals.
Waiting list /programs/ resources for services etc..
Housing info best areas residental homes for rent/lease

Thanks for responding! Blessings

Old 12-15-2015, 08:11 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,040 times
You should create your own thread for potential housing, but read the relocation sticky first. You'll get more looks (and more answers) that way. Need a lot more details as well. Will you be working? Where? SA is very spread out. Budget? No sense in recommending the best areas, if you can't afford them. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,906 times
Thanks! I'm learning how this site works. I'll inquire as you've advise thanks!

Blessings~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio