Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,413,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Cabbies do in-fact have the right to refuse service in the state of Texas, but that's likely not the issue here. I'm sorry it happened, but am glad you found other means of transport. For a city like San Antonio to be making its mint off of tourism, I find it sad that one of the first things someone might encounter is a bastard cab driver.

BN
You are absolutely correct. These are our "ambassadors of first impressions'"and if you treat me this way, how do you treat someone lost and needing guidance to go somewhere?

This driver's actions were akin to the the "whistle nazis" that plagued the airport some time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,882,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
You are absolutely correct. These are our "ambassadors of first impressions'"and if you treat me this way, how do you treat someone lost and needing guidance to go somewhere?

This driver's actions were akin to the the "whistle nazis" that plagued the airport some time ago.
You are not a convincing victim but congratulations for self elevating your ordeal to persecution.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,357,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post

They will probably let them get in then drive the longest route for that destination.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 AM

500 posts, read 970,440 times
Driving this post towards a racial argument shows the transgressor's willingness to take a simple service complaint, and turn in to a class warfare debate.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,882,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantle View Post
Driving this post towards a racial argument shows the transgressor's willingness to take a simple service complaint, and turn in to a class warfare debate.
Never mind that as my main source of skepticism is based on the fact that pleasant people remain pleasant even after rude service. And those who are otherwise are equally likely to continue with the same temperament before and after a transaction but in this case that was aborted.

If you ever had to deal with customers or even the general public you would recognize that people usually walk in the same way they walk out. Unless you are an excellent people person yourself and can convert those who are initially oppositional into wanting to genuinely help you. A few are it seems...

Old 01-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Blah blah blah blah blah blah ...

BTW, I own a successful retail business in SA, have for 26 years. Don't even think you can lecture me on the virtues of dealing with people. The people I deal with are not the virtual kind that you incessantly argue with all day long. I actually listen to what they have to say. They are my lifeblood and my boss. They pay my store rent, my suppliers, my employees, and my home mortgage.

I have many customers who have been so for more than 27 years. I have many 2nd and even some 3rd generation customers. I also don't differentiate between their classes.

I DON'T turn my back on them. I remain successful that way.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,413,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Never mind that as my main source of skepticism is based on the fact that pleasant people remain pleasant even after rude service. And those who are otherwise are equally likely to continue with the same temperament before and after a transaction but in this case that was aborted.

If you ever had to deal with customers or even the general public you would recognize that people usually walk in the same way they walk out. Unless you are an excellent people person yourself and can convert those who are initially oppositional into wanting to genuinely help you. A few are it seems...
Not sure what this means. A reread of my initial post indicated that the driver who did take me was paid more than fairly.

I walked up expecting a pleasant experience, was treated rudely and was stunned, but in the end, walked away with a pleasant experience.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM

Lemonade from lemons.

I must admit, I was very confused by that comment as well.

What I did understand is that I was being accused of not knowing how to deal with the public. I find that comment more than interesting considering I have made a pretty decent living from doing just that.

As far as your experience, you apparently experienced good customer service and poor service all in the same hour! In my experience as a retailer, both excellent service people and bad service people write their own tickets.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM

344 posts, read 417,370 times
I don't know how the SAT airport works but I had similar problems in Orlando. This is why. The drivers wait a long time to get a fare and hope the wait will produce a high fare. When I would tell the guy with the clipboard my address (very close to airport) the driver would sometimes look visibly irritated. If I had lived closer, by about a mile, clipboard guy would know it was a "short run". This would allow the driver to return to the airport and get a much more favorable spot instead of having to go to the back of the line. Once I learned where the demarcation line was I always gave an address that was inside the line and then once I was in the taxi told the driver I was going to a different address. They were always very glad for my little deception.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,824,068 times
It's threads like this that make me thankful for cities that use Uber. https://www.uber.com/ I love them and use it often.

I also love any cab company that will allow me to schedule a cap from a mobile app. I call them at will, they show up, I leave, job well done. No reason to stand in line anymore anyway.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio