Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 5,033 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have to be in SA this Monday, and till now i couldn't find a suitable place to stay in there. I searched Airbnb, but I didn't find something good. Most people are not accepting kids, and listings are either booked or expensive ones which i couldn't afford.
PLEASE help me in finding a good clean place to stay in for a month in SA with kids.

any one stayed in Candlewood NW suite? is it good option for family with kids to stay in extended suites or not?the reviews written about extended stay hotels are usually terrible please help me any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,558,546 times
Where do you need to be in San Antonio? It's a very sprawling city...we can help you more if we know your preferred location

Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM

4 posts, read 5,033 times
Near the medical center would be great as my husband will be working there.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
There are plenty of extended-stay hotels on both sides of I-10 north of the Medical Center. If I were in your position, I would stay at one of the places on the westbound access road, which is the opposite side of I-10 from the MC, because IMO the surrounding neighborhood is nicer.

The closer you get to 410, which would be south of the Medical Center exit, the more likely a property crime is to occur in the hotel parking lot. You don't want your vehicle broken into.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM

941 posts, read 1,915,401 times
We stayed at the Budget Suites on Fredercksburg right next to Medical Center. It got horrible reviews on sites but it was still better than some, lol Having stayed there I felt those reviews were very inaccurate. I am someone who is pretty private and doesn't hang around outside so I wouldn't notice any trouble. The place was clean and we opted for a 2bdrm and it made a huge difference and very worth it. We also stayed on 3rd floor which I would never do but it was cheaper price and it was the best as it gave extra windows and we were in a corner so it felt very private. The staff was really nice and helpful.

As I said I didn't notice trouble around I think may not be great area but let me say some surrounding neighborhoods there were REALLY nice. I loved this area around there. I wanted to stay at the Staybridge Suites in Stone Oak they were having a special if you paid by the month. It was a little more than where we staye but I hear that area is real nice and you got free breakfast and some free dinners. The place looked nice from pictures too.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
If you can afford Homewood Suites, I would recommend them. They have meals included (dinner and I think breakfast, IIRC) plus they are pretty nice accomodations. We stayed at one in Washington, DC and were extremely pleased. It was only for a week, though. It was almost like an efficiency apt with an extra room thrown in, plenty of room for a family of four.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,458,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If you can afford Homewood Suites, I would recommend them. They have meals included (dinner and I think breakfast, IIRC) plus they are pretty nice accomodations. We stayed at one in Washington, DC and were extremely pleased. It was only for a week, though. It was almost like an efficiency apt with an extra room thrown in, plenty of room for a family of four.
We have used homewood suites when moving back to the US from overseas with a HOUSE full of kids and found it wonderful...I think this would be a good fit for you.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM

20 posts, read 33,845 times
Thank you all!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
I estimated your dates from this coming Monday to the 28th of Feb, with 2 adults and 1 child. La Quinta Inn and Suites Stone Oak has a deal now for a king suite for 99 bucks. They do have a limited number of rooms available at the prices offered, so don't want too long to make up your mind about where you want to stay. You can book right through Agoda, I've used them for international bookings, never had a problem. They do tend to have good deals. Good Luck.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stone Oak San Antonio (TX) United States - Best discount hotel rates

The entire list in SA, with their deals. You have to update the number of people after clicking on the hotel you want to look at each time you look at a new place. Some will have deals for multiple occupants and some will not.
Search Results

Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM

20 posts, read 33,845 times
Thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: