Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 PM

293 posts, read 392,055 times

Advertisements

I just would like to ask if any members have had any personal experience with roofers that you would like to recommend. We recieved a handyman booklet that had some but the same companies appeared over and over and we realized they actually were just ads, not preferred or reliable companies. We also do not want to pay to use angies list but would like to get some bids to fix our roof, theres nothing wrong with it, just old and a few shingles have come off and we want to get it replaced as part of fixing up the house to sell. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
Rolands Roofing. I've known this family since the early 70's. Senior and Junior are top shelf folks who take care of business. They won't be the cheapest in town but they'll be there for you if needed down the road. They can do it all when it comes to roofing.
Rolands Roofing, San Antonio, TX

Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 PM

10 posts, read 32,465 times
Stephen's Roofing. House and garage. 2010

Pricey, yes. Shingles and rolled roofing. Previous owner did some repairs that were not in the 'roofer's handbook'. Some facia and sheathing replaced.

We had minor leaking around the stove pipe but they were out here pronto and no problems since then.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM

146 posts, read 246,865 times
highly rated on angie's list include:

tinsley roofing
decker roofing
integrity roofing
action roofing
soukup roofing
southwest metal roofing systems
M&M roofing
stephen's roofing
beldon roofing
fry roofing
roland's roofing
yuras roofing
and others.

Angie's list is great. beyond just getting names, I have found it really useful to be able to read reviews to prioritize what's important for me.

For example, you might have two companies that are both highly rated, but when you read the reviews you find comments from one that say that they have the lowest prices, but are booking jobs two months out. Another company might be a little pricey, but will come within an hour to start working on the job. The subscription fee is well worth it in my opinion. Plus, having a good contractor do it right the first time and avoid my wife yelling at me? priceless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio