Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 AM

349 posts, read 422,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Was it SAPD or AHPD? Or Bexar County?
Well they interviewed McManus so I assume he wouldnt be interviewed unless it was SAPD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 07:36 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
The victim lived in a condo just outside the Alamo Heights city limits (inside San Antonio), but those areas are often referred to as "Alamo Heights", because they are in the 78209 zip code, and also within AHISD.

The man convicted of the crime lived inside the Alamo Heights city limits, but the crime occurred in the victim's condo, which was inside San Antonio, therefore, SAPD investigated the crime.

Regardless of whether the crime occurred in AH or SA, the Bexar County DA's office will be the ones handling the prosecution
I understand that, but when an article says Alamo Heights, anyone who knows a little bit about jurisdiction would be confused as to why SAPD was handling the case. Every article should say near Alamo Heights, not in Alamo Heights. I used to live near Alamo Heights and in the AHISD, but I never told anyone that I live in Alamo Heights.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 AM

948 posts, read 1,842,281 times
I know stuff gets lost here and there but these guys seemingly lost EVERYTHING, so much so that a veteran defense attorney called them bumbling idiots, or something of that nature. They left a bloody rag with possible DNA at the scene for two weeks. There was some video that was....guess what, also lost. He probably would have walked had the prosecutors not made the connection between the towers that his cell was bouncing off while he was supposed to be sleeping. Again, that was something that the PD had and completely dismissed. This wasnt a case of someone losing something. No, this was a big time case of ineptitude period and was really embarrassing.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 PM

293 posts, read 391,998 times
I sometimes do not understand the system here, back in Feb, There was that girl Amanda Duclos who was found dead in her apartment, the sapd ruled it a suicide..however she was drowned in her bathtub with a bag placed over her head and gas was poured all over the place but it was never lit on fire. Even after the autopsy they are ruling it still a suicide and no investigation has taken place. I met her a few times as she was a good friend of my best friends roomate and there was nothing indicative in her to take her own life. It just makes you wonder

Old 08-18-2013, 04:55 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca324 View Post
I sometimes do not understand the system here, back in Feb, There was that girl Amanda Duclos who was found dead in her apartment, the sapd ruled it a suicide..however she was drowned in her bathtub with a bag placed over her head and gas was poured all over the place but it was never lit on fire. Even after the autopsy they are ruling it still a suicide and no investigation has taken place. I met her a few times as she was a good friend of my best friends roomate and there was nothing indicative in her to take her own life. It just makes you wonder
I thought the purpose of an autopsy was to help determine the cause of death (i.e. natural causes, suicide, murder, or accidental). The police will usually close the case if it is ruled a suicide, and there is no evidence of foul play.

I don't know what to say. Do you have information that could lead them to re-open the case? Someone you could identify who may have had a motive?

Last edited by ged_782; 08-18-2013 at 05:11 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 05:15 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Anyone familiar with this case?
I recall it. The crime occurred in 2009... We had been in San Antonio during that period. I had to look up the year.

On Friday, February 24, 2012, a jury found Jon Thomas Ford guilty of murder in the strangulation of Dana Clair Edwards and sentenced him to 40 years in prison. Ford was taken into custody after the sentence was announced. News article is here: Ford handed 40 years in ex-girlfriend's death - San Antonio Express-News

The January 2009 Obituary for Dana Clair Edwards, not a TV show, but the Obituary from the family: Dana Edwards Obituary: View Dana Edwards's Obituary by Express-News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
The longer I watch, the more my BP is rising.
"48 Hours" likes to do that. That's their purpose in life, to twist and drag to get the full hour show and get good ratings.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,037 times
Amanda Duclos is my baby sister...the person that was living in her house with her is a Sargent of the sapd son..the sapd as of today said that the case was still under investigation...i don't understand that..this wasent a suicide, that wasent Amanda...the scene was more severe than what has or had been mentioned...it was truly an over kill!

Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 PM

135 posts, read 191,597 times
It's okay chief McManus will be in jail for stealing money and covering up crimes! He's a lazy dirty corrupt pos! But his time is coming justice will be served! He tells sapd to stand down and don't be proactive.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,599 times
Amanda Duclos was in fact living with the Sargents son who was never charged. In fact I've personally sought legal advice and others to investigate it more thoroughly than SAPD. My best friend suffered horribly and somehow justice hasn't prevailed for her. Pretty sick. Why aren't they reopening this now cold case. Amanda wasn't just a best friend, a sister, a daughter she was a mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio