Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 11:23 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Cool plan! And while you're cruisin' the campgrounds, we'll be eatin' fish tacos and seeing the best band in the whole wide world up in Austin!!!!!

Seriously - we do appreciate your hard work and research efforts!! A camping trip is much needed!!
Y'all have a safe trip Jules! Sounds like fun, and one of these days I need to try a fish taco.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:38 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Y'all have a safe trip Jules! Sounds like fun, and one of these days I need to try a fish taco.
a heh a heh!!! LOL!! "Safe" will be relative! Me on 6th Street?! Giggle!!! Good thing that we'll be walking distance from the hotel to the venue (and I think even to Wahoo's)!! But at least my dear otherhalf is always happy to be my DD.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I went there tonight and business seemed to be good. I had the gyro on white and it was very good, especially the sauce. My wife and daughter had the club on white and and I had a taste of theirs and it was nowhere near as good as mine. Then again I don't like boring sandwiches.. The only issue we really had was the pickle spear... 75 cents is a wee bit extreme for one little spear and my daughter pointed out that the menu lists it as plural. There was definitely only one and it wasn't a 75 cent spear either... We also found that it was easy to get the prices up, especially when a certain someone orders a sandwich, large shake, chips, and pickle spear.. I think I'll skip the malt next time, even though it was really good.
Ohhh...you sound like a WICKED type RD! Have you tried that one yet??? Put the horseradish on it too...nothing boring about that at all!

I think the gyro or french dip next for me. I just put mark the pickle selection and put a ++ behind it with my marker for extra pickle slices...like I got on a cuban.

I REALLY like the fact the greeter is there to ask if you have questions or need help ordering to show you how...it is such a simple, yet effective ordering process. You get the opportunity to "engineer" your own masterpiece!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:27 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
We had dinner at the Wing Stop on Potranco today - the place was PACKED!! There was a line out the door, but the staff was in top shape. The young ladies at the front were very pleasant, and even found time to come around the dining room and talk to the customers. The food was great! A+ for the Wing Stop!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:42 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
We had dinner at the Wing Stop on Potranco today - the place was PACKED!! There was a line out the door, but the staff was in top shape. The young ladies at the front were very pleasant, and even found time to come around the dining room and talk to the customers. The food was great! A+ for the Wing Stop!
I like that Wingstop as well...but always call in the order and pick it up in "14 minutes"....my ONLY complaint is WHERE do they find these muntantly small chickens (judging by the size of the wings???) and can they start shopping at the same place Hooters does where they buy mutantly BIG wings????

LOVE their blue cheese dip! I buy it just for salad dressing it is so darn good!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:46 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I like that Wingstop as well...but always call in the order and pick it up in "14 minutes"....my ONLY complaint is WHERE do they find these muntantly small chickens (judging by the size of the wings???) and can they start shopping at the same place Hooters does where they buy mutantly BIG wings????

LOVE their blue cheese dip! I buy it just for salad dressing it is so darn good!
Haha, maybe they are silicone wings.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 AM

18 posts, read 136,185 times
Default Which Wich

Was able to stop by the new Which joint, the food was good but a little on the small side, i am not a big guy 5'11, 175 lbs but 1 sandwhich did not fill me up. The place was nice and clean though, which is always a plus in my book.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Haha, maybe they are silicone wings.
ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna rep you for that as soon as I can!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:23 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,294 times
Default Which Wich

My husband and I finally got over to Which Wich today, and I have to say that it was great! Now they need to offer some sort of sandwich card where after purchasing 10 you get a free one, or at least some sort of discount. I had the Triple Cheese Melt, and my husband had the Cuban, which he said he enjoyed. I also tried their homemade chips which had a great flavor although mine were a bit too salty (could have been the bottom of the batch though in all fairness). The place was very clean, and had quite a few customers in it, so I'm sure that the word is getting around about the place. It was much better than Quizno's and Subway in my opinion. Maybe next time I'll try the egg salad since I have really been wanting one, although the tomato and avacado also sounds good. Hmmm.....

Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYr View Post
My husband and I finally got over to Which Wich today, and I have to say that it was great! Now they need to offer some sort of sandwich card where after purchasing 10 you get a free one, or at least some sort of discount. I had the Triple Cheese Melt, and my husband had the Cuban, which he said he enjoyed. I also tried their homemade chips which had a great flavor although mine were a bit too salty (could have been the bottom of the batch though in all fairness). The place was very clean, and had quite a few customers in it, so I'm sure that the word is getting around about the place. It was much better than Quizno's and Subway in my opinion. Maybe next time I'll try the egg salad since I have really been wanting one, although the tomato and avacado also sounds good. Hmmm.....

They gave me the "Buy 9 get the 10th Free" card when I went the other day...so it does exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio